How I spent my Thanksgiving Day

Post your pics and vids here.
Embalmer
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

How I spent my Thanksgiving Day

Post by Embalmer »

Well seeing as I didnt want to spend much time in a household of family members I couldnt stand for very long, decided to take my 2 big toys out for a little excersize, concidering I havent done so since Feb. Also gave me a good chance to get some pics of my 34, as I dont think I posted it here before... Anyways here are a couple pics of the day, damn was relaxing with no one there either :)

noonxnoon

Re: How I spent my Thanksgiving Day

Post by noonxnoon »

Nice pictures Embalmer.

Is the bottom gun a Browning?

I envy you going out and spending quality time with a loved one...I was stuck in the house for a really long day!

Thanks for sharing. I'll be sharing some of my 'precious moments' as soon as I get mine;)
Bil
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by Bil »

That does look much more relaxing than spending time with some of my family-I wish I had thought of it.On the other hand,I did get to give my father a belated birthday/Thanksgiving gift-a nice Moisin-Nagant.He had one years ago and it was stolen.His had a bullet furrow down the stock,and was a bring-back from North Korea.He was the guy that put the furrow there,and came back for many more Thanksgivings.One more thing to be thankful for. Thanks for the pics,your set-up looks real nice! ---bil
"I dream of a world where I can buy alcohol,tobacco and firearms from the same drive-up window,and use them all on the way home from work!" Dogbert
noonxnoon

Post by noonxnoon »

btw...where did you get your 34 from?

Kit or fully assembled?

I have seen Century selling 34's now for over 3k.

If I had a 53 and still had cash, I'd love to buy the 34. Has a real distinctive look
noonxnoon

Post by noonxnoon »

Bil,

Not to steer this thread a different direction...but where did you get your MN?

I am in the process of getting a C&R and have seen some beautiful MN's that I really wasn't looking at, but the quality that is available for the price seems hard to pass up...'sides the ammo is relativly cheap.

Did you get it local or online? Reason I ask is to see which place has 'em as good as the pictures look. I'd do the 'handpicked' thing...but I have seen alot of people get burned by it!
Bil
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by Bil »

Last month I was going to work early one Saturday and saw a guy setting up for a tag sale and stopped.Nothing too interesting,then he asked 'do you know if it is legal to sell a gun at a tag sale?' :D I said'no,just before it starts is ok though'.He brought out a nice MN,sling,the cleaning kit and ammo with pouch,and about half a box of bullets-$100! SOLD ! It had an american company name engraved on it,maybe the importer,and the stock had been refinished,but nicely.I have seen them on net sales and mag ads,but not in any gun stores around here.Good luck with your search! ---bil
"I dream of a world where I can buy alcohol,tobacco and firearms from the same drive-up window,and use them all on the way home from work!" Dogbert
Embalmer
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Post by Embalmer »

Yes the bottom is a browning 30 cal.

as for the mg34, It was a fully assembled TNW MG34. Bought mine from a place in TN back in 05, got it NIB for 3k. Same place I got my TNW 1919a4 with tripod for like 2k in 2006. Looked on collectorfirearms.com today and they are selling 2 1919's from tnw for almost 4k each :shock:

Thanks for the compliments. I settled on the 34 over a 42/53 cause of its looks. dont get me wrong, a 42 is one sweet looking weapon, but the 34 has a timeless look to it, and is extermely rugged. Really want a 42 now before its too late, but dont see it coming to ny time soon :(
shoedo
Friendly New Guy
Friendly New Guy
Anti-spam: Mg42

Post by shoedo »

HI,

I am a new member to the forum. Is that tripod one that IMA is currently selling for just under a thousand dollars for the MG42? Were there any modifications required to get it to work with the MG34? Thanks
Clay

Post by Clay »

shoedo wrote:HI,

I am a new member to the forum. Is that tripod one that IMA is currently selling for just under a thousand dollars for the MG42? Were there any modifications required to get it to work with the MG34? Thanks

IMA is selling the WWII era Lafette tripods. The one in the picture is a later MG3 tripod.
shoedo
Friendly New Guy
Friendly New Guy
Anti-spam: Mg42

Post by shoedo »

Are modifications required to enable the use of the MG34 on an M3 tripod? If so, how is this achieved? Thanks
Clay

Post by Clay »

shoedo wrote:Are modifications required to enable the use of the MG34 on an M3 tripod? If so, how is this achieved? Thanks
Not sure about an MG3 tripod but the MG34 lafette has a cradle the barrel jacket fits into. The MG42 tripod is the same as the MG34 lafette other than the cradle and they aren't compatable because of the lack of the cradle. I'm curious how he got that to work on an MG3 tripod as well.
junglewalk
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Post by junglewalk »

I'm late to the answer here, on the mounting of the 34 on the postwar lafette., by now Clay, you probably found out about the little steel mounting block that is available from TNW, for the 34.

They were $25. for the mounting block; you must remove the rear AA spring tab 2 screws, and use one of those screws to mount the lafette mounting block to the rear underside of the barrel jacket. Now the gun will lock into the mount. Of course, you must also file fit the trigger tab of the mount around the trigger of the gun, so it will fire when the lever is moved.....bh

Beautiful women are like well built machineguns: Some should just be looked at, and left alone, while others were built to get hot.