S/243 kit info

Post your pics and vids here.
PM

S/243 kit info

Post by PM »

I have this very nice MG34 parts kit with an S/243,1938 marked shroud.Any idea of the numbers of surviving early Mauser (S/243) guns they are?
Attachments
mauser_34a.jpg
mauser_34a.jpg (284.63 KiB) Viewed 1982 times
Last edited by PM on Mon Jan 29, 2007 11:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JBaum
Administrator
Administrator
Anti-spam: Mg42

Post by JBaum »

I have no idea, but if I have to wait 9 minutes for a 2.15 meg file to download (dialup connection), I won't see this one. :roll:
John@German<remove this>Manuals.com

http://www.GermanManuals.com
Wondering
Oberfeldwebel
Oberfeldwebel

Post by Wondering »

jbaum wrote:I have no idea, but if I have to wait 9 minutes for a 2.15 meg file to download (dialup connection), I won't see this one. :roll:
And I hear that John still uses a typewriter and carbon paper for his manuals. haha I seriously don't know how anyone can stand dial up. I've had broadband for a while and I could never go back.

On the S/243 kit question, who knows how many survived to this day. I have pondered the idea of a web page on this subject but have never gotten around to doing anything about it. I got the idea from a Seeburg jukebox collectors website. The host of the site set up a page where anyone could input the date, model, and serial number of their jukebox. The results are viewable. I always thought that would be pretty cool to do for MG34's and MG42's. Everyone from around the world could enter their makers code, date and serial numbers and we could all look to see what survived and where. How cool would it be if you found a serial numbered kit one digit off from your own?

As for S/243's, I've run across one kit at a show in the past several years. It was 1939 dated and I believe that most numbers matched. I don't recall the serial number off hand. If you want yearly production numbers, look at the appendix in the back of Myrvang's book.
JBaum
Administrator
Administrator
Anti-spam: Mg42

Post by JBaum »

Carbon paper? Nope, I use a mimeograph machine. hahahahahahahaha

I live too far out in the country to get cable, and too far to get DSL, so it's either dial up or satellite. Satellite is $80 a month, and it's for a limited number of megs a month, which I surpass every week.

On the plus side, I shoot my MG42 and a .50 cal in the front yard, deer run through my property, beavers are in the pond in front of my house, and I have parties with a band when I want with nobody to complain about noise. So, it's a trade off.

If I want to do anything serious, I go to work and use the T1 line and get a 1.5 megs a second.

I downloaded the pic and sent it back to PM at under 300k.... it looks the same, it's just not a huge file size. Maybe PM will swap the old pic for the new one.
John@German<remove this>Manuals.com

http://www.GermanManuals.com
Wondering
Oberfeldwebel
Oberfeldwebel

Post by Wondering »

jbaum wrote: I downloaded the pic and sent it back to PM at under 300k.... it looks the same, it's just not a huge file size. Maybe PM will swap the old pic for the new one.
Oh, come on John. With the reduced resolution you can't make out the cosmoline stains on the carpet anymore. :mrgreen:

PM, I'm not married yet and even I put the parts kits on the linoleum in the bathroom...
Bil
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by Bil »

Wondering-I'm not married anymore,and I can clean cosmoline in my dishwasher!! :D ---bil
mp44dude
Hauptmann
Hauptmann

I know of one s/243

Post by mp44dude »

I have a fully transferable 1940 dtd S/243 code. Numbers are mostly matching. :D
Ed S
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Post by Ed S »

Barrel jacket is very nice, but it looks like it has been partially scrubbed.
bneer72
Leutnant
Leutnant

Re: S/243 kit info

Post by bneer72 »

This has definitly been scrubbed and renumbered.