MG34 Lafette from Omega

Post your pics and vids here.
ChrisPCook
Oberst
Oberst

MG34 Lafette from Omega

Post by ChrisPCook »

Here' s some pix of my 34 Lafette from Omega, right out of the box, tons of grease and cosmo, but I'm happy w/ what I got! Now, to get the 34 together.....Chris.....
Attachments
Lafette 1
Lafette 1
P4170003.JPG (131.09 KiB) Viewed 2776 times
Lafette 2
Lafette 2
P4170005.JPG (143.41 KiB) Viewed 2778 times
Lafette 3
Lafette 3
P4170011.JPG (112.47 KiB) Viewed 2780 times
Feldwebel 34

Nice!

Post by Feldwebel 34 »

Looks great! I am looking for a Lafette 34 also...I can't find this Omega you speak of...can you enlighten me?
Thanks,
Eric
xanadu_trader
Gefreiter
Gefreiter

Post by xanadu_trader »

budp
Gefreiter
Gefreiter

lafette

Post by budp »

Eric,I sent you a PM. Bud
hatrick
Oberstabsgefreiter
Oberstabsgefreiter

Post by hatrick »

I also searched the Omega site and couldn't find the Lafette tripods.

How much do they cost?? They look pretty decent.

Eric
Mg34gunner
Stabsunteroffizier
Stabsunteroffizier

Post by Mg34gunner »

They're not on his website.

Omega is owned by Don Bell. He's a top shelf guy to be sure!

Call him, he'll fix you up!! :D

(520) 889-8895
xanadu_trader
Gefreiter
Gefreiter

Post by xanadu_trader »

Look under "new stuff" It's listed as MG34 WWII mount for $1100
JKindred

Post by JKindred »

The condition of the mount in the photos on Omega's website is considerably different than the photos at the beginning of the thread. Did he allow you to hand pick yours or is what you received his pick?

I am looking for a mount to restore to go with my 34.

Thanks

JK
Fixer

Post by Fixer »

Looks Fantastic!
ChrisPCook
Oberst
Oberst

MG34 Lafette

Post by ChrisPCook »

Sorry I didn't post sooner, but didn't see the new questions on the tripod til now....the Tripod was what he shipped out, I didn't have an opportunity to get a hand pick, but I'm happy with what I got, unfortunatly I live in Alaska, so this is in my hometown in Colorado, I need to go back next summer so I'll let it sit out on a 100 deg day and let the cosmo run! Chris.....
The other bummer is that all my kits with the exception of one are down there as well, and I'm 3500 miles away :shock:
Bil
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by Bil »

Request for some opinions--Is it worth it to get the german mount from Omega for $1100,or the re-worked Yugo's for about 750 elsewhere? What are the differances,and is it just for originality,or did the Yugos change them around.By the way,what ever happened to tho Yugo car? Anyone seen one lately Thanks---bil
BELTLEAD

Post by BELTLEAD »

The Lafette from Omega is for a MG34.The Yugo from Alleghenny is only for the MG42.
I used to know someone who owned a Yugo.He was given a second car for free with the purchase of one.He told me it was an incentive to buy one because parts for the Yugo were hard too import.He told me he liked his Yugo car.
_RAGNAR_

Post by _RAGNAR_ »

Thanks for the heads up about the MG34 tripods from omega. Just got a tripod for my 42 now off to spend another grand!
tomcatshaas
General
General

Post by tomcatshaas »

_RAGNAR_ wrote:Thanks for the heads up about the MG34 tripods from omega. Just got a tripod for my 42 now off to spend another grand!
I email omega back in Oct. and they said they didn't have anymore MG34 laffette's. You may want to email them again and check.