TNW MG 34

Post your pics and vids here.
MG34_4_ME

TNW MG 34

Post by MG34_4_ME »

Hi guys!
I dont have a MG42 "yet" but have a TNW MG34 that I wanted to share with you.Heres a couple of them for ya.Hope these are allowed here? :D

TOM R
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
Anti-spam: Mg42

Post by TOM R »

mg 34 ha! we're better than that, get lost :x just kidding maybe salt6 can add a mg34 section :D
MG34_4_ME

Post by MG34_4_ME »

Originally I was going to buy a 42 but have heard some not so nice things about there reliablitly especially with the ones from BRP.I called and talked with Brian and he told me that the first Generation builds did have some minor problems with them and they have since figured them out now on the newer (recent) builds.I am told that they are super reliable now.Now that TNW will be releasing a semi MG42 now its going to be a coin toss for which one.The TNW's are going to be priced around $4k and the BRP's are going for $4500.
Start savin your pennies guys! :D
TOM R
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by TOM R »

must be nice to have lots of money :roll: $4-4500 for a semi toy, build it for $1000 :)
MG34_4_ME

Post by MG34_4_ME »

Tom R,
Yea building one is definitely an option this time!If I can get good reliable info on how to build a reliable 42 the right way I'd be up for that.I havent heard of too many people building them and getting them to run right?Will wait in the shadows and see whats happens first,lol. :D
brassmagnet

Post by brassmagnet »

There are at least two members over at weaponeer that have built them Rich. I plan on visiting one this spring and hopefully we'll get my receiver welded up nicely - and he can guide me with some internals machining. I hope to get mine running smoothly. How many are doing 8mm vs .308? My kit is 8mm and I'm wondering if it's worthwhile getting the swapping parts - tho it would be much later for that. I have a M3 build to worry about first. Nice site here - hope we all learn and teach as well as at everyone does over at 1919A4.
Reichpapers
Brigadegeneral
Brigadegeneral

Post by Reichpapers »

I'm curious. When ordering an MG34 receiver from them do you have the choice of whether they put their cheesy waffenamt on it...and do they serial number the receiver to match a kit you have. Also, do they put the 34 serial number in the proper place with proper fonts? I'd have to mill off their banner and put their company info in a less conspicuous location, like under the gripstick with an engraver. Can you post close up picks of the stripped receiver?
ak47dennis

Post by ak47dennis »

I built my semi 34 & 42 not cause of the cost but I wanted an original receiver they seem to lose a little charm (history) when a new receiver is used. I got my semi parts and plans from TNW and my 42 is also a carbon copy of the BRP’s 42 except with the bugs worked out, heck my semi grip sticks and bolts would even swap.

Cant wait to see TNW’s 42 so I can copy it for my second semi 42. :P
TOM R
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by TOM R »

akdennis post pics :)
Great men are born in fire, it is the privilege of lessor men to light the flame, no matter the cost

FOR M60 GOTO http://WWW.M60MG.COM
nra lifer
mvpa 31698
46 cj2a
54 m37
56 CJ3B U.S. Navy
t24/m29 weasel
stifeout
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Post by stifeout »

AK can I get tnw's web address???
ak47dennis

Post by ak47dennis »

stifeout wrote:AK can I get tnw's web address???
http://tnwcorp.mystarband.net/index.html
ak47dennis

Post by ak47dennis »

TOM R wrote:akdennis post pics :)

Tom I will post pictures once I get the receiver blued and get him running 100% on 8mm blanks, just have been consumed with other projects. (Berretta 38a semi conversion, ZB26 semi, AK47 builds)
Reichpapers
Brigadegeneral
Brigadegeneral

Post by Reichpapers »

Whoa...priorities man....you're putting the MG (which is like 97% complete) behind a bunch of non german weapons....shame shame
It's better to be silent and considered a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.
ak47dennis

Post by ak47dennis »

:(