My XMG/34 build

Post your pics and vids here.
silley

My XMG/34 build

Post by silley »

I finished this about 6 months ago. Bought all the parts from Brian @ BRP. Thought I would share a pic..
edited for more pics
42rocker
Administrator
Administrator
Anti-spam: Mg42

Re: My XMG/34 build

Post by 42rocker »

Pics look real nice. How does she fire? Been thinking about one of those receivers that Brian sells.
Way to go.

Later 42rocker
silley

Post by silley »

Thanks! It shoots perfectly. I've put hundreds of rounds of S&B match through it and not a single hiccup.
I bead blasted the upper and blued it along with all the other parts. The lower is an 80% cobb modular I bought from a local shop and milled it down to the shape you see in the pics. Had to make an adapter/latch on the under side to lock the AR lower in place, but it fits nice.

I had a Wiselite M53 a while back that blew up. Had an OOB and ripped the bbl out/tore the reciever open...
42rocker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by 42rocker »

On the m53 Sorry to hear about the OOB and it blowing the weapon apart. WOW.

With the MG34 glad to hear that Brian's setup is running great. Need to think more on that one. Had your own ar-15 lower made to fit the brp receiver, that's interesting. S&B is what you are running and it's working good for you. Wish it was my set up.

Later 42rocker
www.Prussia.us
General
General

Post by www.Prussia.us »

That looks real nice, Brian is a cool cat with a good product. The finish work is great.

OOb w/ your WLS53,,,,may I ask what ammo you were using,,,and dumb question but did you personally check the headspace of the barrel/bolt or did you assume WLA had you covered?

I have a WW2 German bolt that would not headspace against any of my 14 yugo barrels (w/ Yugo extensions), fit 5 German barrels perfectly,,,and if you think that is crazy, I sold most of those barrels :puk: I need a better crystal ball, now I am curious if the yugo bolts would have fit the German extensions but all my yugo parts are long sold :?

Point being (echo Jbaums' refrain) always check the headspacing, luckily it is easier to do than loading a belt :lol:
“… corporations have been enthroned, and an era of corruption in high places will follow, … until all wealth is aggregated in a few hands and the Republic is destroyed.”

- Abraham Lincoln (Republican), Nov. 21, 1864
silley

Post by silley »

Rocker, i can take some better pics of the lower probably tonight so you can see it.

Prussia, i was shooting the same ammo in the 42, s&b match. I should have mentioned that i did strip the weapon before firing, and everything looked and felt good. The OOB happened upon releasing the charging handle.... Later i found the forward firing pin spring was colapsed and the pin stuck forward. And only the second round fired :(
Bummer, but i didnt suffer any injuries other than my hearing(muffs didnt do much).
Could have been worse. I actually posted pics of the carnage when it happened, they are on this site somewhere..
silley

Post by silley »

And thanks for the compliments!!!
mggunner34
Leutnant
Leutnant

Post by mggunner34 »

Outstanding finishing job! it looks great, glad to hear its running smoothly as well.

I used to own one before the ATF killed all the fun and I loved it! In fact it inspired me to go after the real deal, and with its (and many others) sale helped to fund my favorite machinegun a dewatt MG34

And I agree Brian is really a great guy to deal with, hopefully soon I'll buy one of his mg34 .308 conversion kits so I can shoot again since my stash of 8mm is dry :(
Attachments
My XMG (with oly/PAWS m16)
My XMG (with oly/PAWS m16)
Dewatt cra MG34  I love this picture of it
Dewatt cra MG34 I love this picture of it
K98dkmauser
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Post by K98dkmauser »

thats a nice gun wish it was mine
www.Prussia.us
General
General

Post by www.Prussia.us »

That is darn near a postcard picture, the contrast of the beautiful landscape with the majesty of the Fatherland's WW2 Fraulein, pretty cool :D
“… corporations have been enthroned, and an era of corruption in high places will follow, … until all wealth is aggregated in a few hands and the Republic is destroyed.”

- Abraham Lincoln (Republican), Nov. 21, 1864