My MG34 (Start of the Belt fed Bug)

Post your pics and vids here.
pryotex

My MG34 (Start of the Belt fed Bug)

Post by pryotex »

Here is my first MG34, I have the MG42 started now and finished the 1919.
Boy the belt fed bug sure can bite hard.
Attachments
DSC02580.JPG
42rocker
Administrator
Administrator
Anti-spam: Mg42

Re: My MG34 (Start of the Belt fed Bug)

Post by 42rocker »

Pryotex

Nice Pair...... Looking forward to seeing the mg42.

Which do you enjoy shooting more?

Later 42rocker
pryotex

Post by pryotex »

I get the Wow when I bring the 1919 to the range and shoot, THEN I put the 34 on the bench and the WOW factor is crazy, I would say it is the 34 right now, Ill let you know after I get the 42 running. :cross:
42rocker
Administrator
Administrator
Anti-spam: Mg42

Post by 42rocker »

Did you build or buy the mg34. From your notes looks like you build the 1919 and are building the mg42, right?

Now you need some nice tripod's to mount them to. I just got a nice 1917a1 to go with a lafette tripod or two that I have. The German AA tripods work great also.

Later 42rocker
pryotex

Post by pryotex »

42rocker wrote:Did you build or buy the mg34. From your notes looks like you build the 1919 and are building the mg42, right?

Later 42rocker
Built / Building all 3, Funny thing is when I was doing the 34, I had two sets of drawings from the same company (TNW) Dated the SAME DAY but different. It actually turned out good using the info from both. The biggest pain was wondering at first why the sear would not fit into the gun. I did have the advantage of my friend having a 100% receiver to see that I needed to open up the bottom of the receiver (Wider to fit) and then weld a shelf in and then mill down for the spring to fit proper.
I can say I Loved building it and the first time I got the bolt to drop in and not bind (From the Re-weld) I was very happy.