Blond Girls and Guns!

Post your pics and vids here.
ScottD
Major
Major

Blond Girls and Guns!

Post by ScottD »

Perverts. I knew that would get your attention. I was talking about my Yellow Lab, Zoey.....

Well, the 34 is done....or as done as Ill ever get it. The rear half is duracoat, the front is parkerized. Remember that this kit was a pitted mess so I didnt destroy anything by refinishing it. The trigger now seems to trip and reset every time I pull it, but only another range test will reveal the true results. I think shes gonna be more of a wall hanger than a range gun. A testament to history really. (As evidenced by the Nazi stamps, Israeli marks and Russian Capture stamps on the receiver...) Thanks for everyones input, suggestion and help. A special thanks to William for letting me borrow his welding jig, and to Chris for his excellent replacement sears.

My soultion for everything "Get a bigger hammer or larger caliber!"
www.Prussia.us
General
General

Re: Blond Girls and Guns!

Post by www.Prussia.us »

Scott, it looks good. If I may enquire why not Dura-coat the barrel shroud as well?

I know nothing looks as nice as hot blue, but as I have said a million times duracoat is peace of mind: rain, snow, mud, beer, blood, salty fingers, oh' and finger prints :shock: .. it all washes off :lol: :lol: :lol:
“… corporations have been enthroned, and an era of corruption in high places will follow, … until all wealth is aggregated in a few hands and the Republic is destroyed.”

- Abraham Lincoln (Republican), Nov. 21, 1864
ScottD
Major
Major

Post by ScottD »

Uh, cause I was too lazy to strip the bbl shroud down, degrease the entire thing, sandblast it and spray it......thats the honest answer.

But also, this gun was a test bed for several different parkerizing methods and I like to be able to show people the different results. I learned that I can get small parts nice and black, medium sized parts a dark grey and the big stuff (like shrouds) Only came out a pale ashen grey. It was all a learning curve for me. Proper solution ratio and staying above 200 degrees is key. I may go back at some other time and spray the bbl shroud but I honestly HATE duracoat. No matter how I prep, it ALWAYS scratches off any part that moves. My buddy just had a couple of left over pints and the receiver just didnt look right with those big stainless steel welds.
Bil
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by Bil »

VERY NICE!!! Glad to see you have it up and running,these are much more tricky than the 42/53,and a few years ago there were very few sa reweld conversions that actually worked! It sounds like your gun has been around,I like the ones with some history.Nice job,let us know how it runs when you do get to a range. :D ---bil
"I dream of a world where I can buy alcohol,tobacco and firearms from the same drive-up window,and use them all on the way home from work!" Dogbert
DARIVS ARCHITECTVS
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
Anti-spam: Mg42

Post by DARIVS ARCHITECTVS »

:wnana:
DARIVS ARCHITECTVS
Knight's Armoury
ScottD
Major
Major

Post by ScottD »

Hey Darvis.... <---HUGE hitlet yer posting is empty. Did I flabbergast you that much?
DARIVS ARCHITECTVS
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
Anti-spam: Mg42

Post by DARIVS ARCHITECTVS »

ScottD wrote:Hey Darvis....yer posting is empty. Did I flabbergast you that much?

:wnana: <----- comment
DARIVS ARCHITECTVS
Knight's Armoury
Bil
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by Bil »

He avoids spelling mistakes by just using pictures! :lol: He is also learning to color! ---bil
"I dream of a world where I can buy alcohol,tobacco and firearms from the same drive-up window,and use them all on the way home from work!" Dogbert