ARGHHH! To Hades with you!

Ask your build questions here. Welding, assembly, etc.
ScottD
Major
Major

ARGHHH! To Hades with you!

Post by ScottD »

I started my day fitting the TNW semi auto trigger bar. Seeing how there is NO reference out there and no one here ever seems to answer the really technical questions, I just had to file and pray for the best.

So I milled out the trigger gate and made a new one with some 3/16th scrap. I got out my oxy/mapp kit and fired it up. For some reason It never got hot enough (maybe its that giant heat sink of a receiver) and I never got it brazed correctly. I knocked it out and was ready to weld it in when I heard....TINK....the distinct sound of metal snapping. One of my welds cracked. The little section below the charging handle slot. So I ground it down and spotted it with my POS HF welder. Well, this little dimensional tolerance caused my freshly welded trigger gate to crack.....lets start all over again. Took me two more tries till I got it right. All night and about 8 beers. I had the receiver perfectly fitted before this mishap, now everything is binding again. :puk:

Needless to say this has me a tad upset. But what I cannot figure out, for the life of me, is how the semi TNW mods all work together. It appears that the new trigger/roller set up pushes upwards on the trigger bar. That much Ive figured out. But as far as sear release/reset??? Ugh.......

So that was my night. Hopefully it will still be there in the morning! :(
My soultion for everything "Get a bigger hammer or larger caliber!"
rocco1911

Re: ARGHHH! To Hades with you!

Post by rocco1911 »

Well hope you have a better time with it tomorrow I'm still waiting on my stuff from Pirate or I would offer up some details I think I will post up a bunch of pics of it when it all arrives so others out there that want to give it a try will have a better shot @ it.... :?

Till then I'm watching what progress you make & hopeing you prevail... :cross:
ScottD
Major
Major

Post by ScottD »

Whos milling your bolt and carrier? How much? Im not attempting that with a dremel!!!!
rocco1911

Post by rocco1911 »

ScottD wrote:Whos milling your bolt and carrier? How much? Im not attempting that with a dremel!!!!

Pirate has everything from me Bolts, Grips, TNW parts pacs & receiver sections for them just waiting on there completion has them about 3 months now hes been backed up with RPD builds once there in hand I'll photo & post them up....
www.Prussia.us
General
General

Post by www.Prussia.us »

Scott,

You have done well with the receiver up to this point, but I concur with Rocco, send a lateral pass to Project Guns on these conversion parts. The '34 is a fickle b*tch and hopefully it is a gun you will have/enjoy for many years so a couple of coins now to have Jorge or Pirate do it is far better than fighting these problems for years. You have the skills but seemingly are without the right equipment and instructions to get it just right, and it has to be just right. :shock:
“… corporations have been enthroned, and an era of corruption in high places will follow, … until all wealth is aggregated in a few hands and the Republic is destroyed.”

- Abraham Lincoln (Republican), Nov. 21, 1864
ChrisPCook
Oberst
Oberst

Post by ChrisPCook »

Do you have photos of the rewelded area where you are fitting your trigger gate? If you go with the original German dimensions the TNW gate will never fit.....I had to weld in a plate at a higher point and then removed the little step that the spring from the trigger gate rests upon with within the receiver. If is .51 (you could probably get away with a little either way from the .51, but not much) from the outer edge of the receiver to the "plate" where the spring makes contact to properly accept the trigger gate from TNW....

Chris...
ScottD
Major
Major

Post by ScottD »

I eyeballed the trigger gate and used the trigger bar top end of travel with the safety installed. The safety pin dictates how far up in the receiver it will go. Anyways, I measured it last night and I came in at something like .461. I think that will be close enough. I will only really be able to tell once I have the bolt mods done and can see how it all fits. Im sure I will spend many more hours cursing this thing before it even goes to the range......