Front sight stem and flash cone catch removal

Ask your build questions here. Welding, assembly, etc.
sam game

Front sight stem and flash cone catch removal

Post by sam game »

I have to remove the front sight stem and the cone catch from the front sight base/booster sleeve and would appreciate information about the easiest way to do that. Are the pins securing these two parts on the base riveted or can they be removed with a punch? Any input will be much appreciated, thanks in advance.
ScottD
Major
Major

Re: Front sight stem and flash cone catch removal

Post by ScottD »

Punch 'em out. They look much more complicated than they really are. Parts are under slight pressure, so pushing down (horizontal) on them helps. Be aware, they come out MUCH easier than they go back in.....
My soultion for everything "Get a bigger hammer or larger caliber!"
rocco1911

Post by rocco1911 »

Its alot harder to put them back in then it is to remove them I have my son do mine after throwing a set across the shop a time ago :lol: its become one of his chores now.... :lol:
Attachments
S5000223.JPG
sam game

Post by sam game »

Thanks a lot ScottD and rocco 1911 for the info, much appreciated. It's great to see your son following your foot steps rocco 1911, we need more young people like him to continue the tradition...
rocco1911

Post by rocco1911 »

Your welcome glad to help & I have a couple of boys they all help out & enjoy building shooting these thats why I have so many they each have @ least one... :lol:
Attachments
Picture 012.jpg
P1010035.JPG