F*ed up my receiver. need dimentions

Ask your build questions here. Welding, assembly, etc.
Orion Arms

F*ed up my receiver. need dimentions

Post by Orion Arms »

hey guys,
in my haste i welded up the rear pin hole for the trigger arm. the pocket is still there but i need to break through to it again.

if some one could please provide some dimentions i would greatly appreciate it!

i need to know the center to center distances from the saftey pin hole to the rear pin hole. if edge to edge is easier i can do the math just let me know which edges you used.
i also need the distance from the top of the receiver to the rear pin hole center. agian to the edge is ok too.

thanks for the help.
jstrohm
Leutnant
Leutnant

Re: F*ed up my receiver. need dimentions

Post by jstrohm »

do you need the diameter of the whole? if so it the diameter is 15/64 or 6mm. hope that helps.
Orion Arms

Post by Orion Arms »

no sir. i need the location of the whole.

the hole for the punch is still on the opposite side. if someone could confirm if this hole comes through the center of the 6mm hole i can try to locate it that way.
JBaum
Administrator
Administrator
Anti-spam: Mg42

Post by JBaum »

Does this tell you what you need to know? Your explanation of what you want isn't real clear.

You might want to print this at 100% size, and use it as a template.

Use the link to d/l the picture. I'm limited to 600 pixels wide on this board, and that just doesn't do it for a good picture with lettering.

Advise if you need something more.

http://www.germanmanuals.com/tmp/Grip.jpg
John@German<remove this>Manuals.com

http://www.GermanManuals.com
Orion Arms

Post by Orion Arms »

j,
i am loooking for the dimentions in these pictures...viewtopic.php?f=17&t=7911

there are only 2 holes in the semi receiver. one for the saftey lever and one for the rear pin which is 6mm. i need to know the location of the 6mm hole to the rear of the receiver.
JBaum
Administrator
Administrator
Anti-spam: Mg42

Post by JBaum »

Big DUH for me.... I was trying to be helpful on the 42.... you're doing the 34. :shock:
John@German<remove this>Manuals.com

http://www.GermanManuals.com
shinsoku

Post by shinsoku »

Here is what I got off my receiver. Distance from outside to outside of both pins (safety and rear pin) 25.85mm or 1and 1/64 inches. Center to center of both pins is 20.54mm or 13/16 inches. I think you can work off these measurements and get what you need...................Del
shinsoku

Post by shinsoku »

Here is what I got from the top of the receiver to the center of the rear pin 1 9/32", 32.56mm....hope this helps..
Orion Arms

Post by Orion Arms »

shinsoku wrote:Here is what I got from the top of the receiver to the center of the rear pin 1 9/32", 32.56mm....hope this helps..
thank you very much! ill give it a try. if it doenst work ill just weld over it and try again lol.
shinsoku

Post by shinsoku »

Not a problem, glad to help. If you need anything else just let me know. I have a receiver, pins and mic setting right here.........................
Orion Arms

Post by Orion Arms »

shinsoku wrote:Not a problem, glad to help. If you need anything else just let me know. I have a receiver, pins and mic setting right here.........................
haha. im sure ill need to know something when my machinist friend has it up on the machine helpin me.
Orion Arms

Post by Orion Arms »

shinsoku,

just to confirm. when you measured the center points of the holes. was that a direct measurement from the center of each hole at an angle to line of the receiver. or was it measured parrell to the lines of the receiver. does that make sense?

also can you confirm if the punch hole on the back side or the rear pin hole is center to the pin hole?