TNW trigger directions suck!

Ask your build questions here. Welding, assembly, etc.
jimdvan

TNW trigger directions suck!

Post by jimdvan »

Why are there no tutorials or instructions here for installing the trigger bar parts? The 3 pages TNW sent me with the semi conversion kit have nothing about how to install the trigger bar. How is the trigger returned to the forward position?

When I widened the slot in the bottom of the receiver to accept the trigger bar I find it will not go all the way up, it bottoms out on the spring base. Is the trigger bar supposed to be slotted over the spring hole to rise up further?

Am I stupid for not naturally knowing how to install these parts or will someone clue me in?

Most things on this site have been very instructive but I can't believe there is nothing here about these trigger conversions.
flemgunner
Brigadegeneral
Brigadegeneral

Re: TNW trigger directions suck!

Post by flemgunner »

Ive been looking for that info as well, so far nothing. If you find anything out please post it.
BTW how much did you pay for your TNW semi parts?
Pirate
General
General

Post by Pirate »

you need to weld in a plate to support the return spring then it will work.
flemgunner
Brigadegeneral
Brigadegeneral

Post by flemgunner »

Hey Pirate, are you gonna do a FCG tutorial on your site?
jimdvan

Post by jimdvan »

Pirate, do you mean that I cut out the old spring support and weld in another that sits higher up in the receiver closer to the bolt way?
jimdvan

Post by jimdvan »

Flemgunner, the parts were about $180 fromt TNW.
flemgunner
Brigadegeneral
Brigadegeneral

Post by flemgunner »

Sweet! I was wondering if they had went up like everything else :(
Thanx man
Embalmer
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Post by Embalmer »

here are pics of mine installed. there should be a pit to hold it in behind the safety as pictured.

if need any other pics, let me know, my 34 will be apart for better half of the day.
flemgunner
Brigadegeneral
Brigadegeneral

Post by flemgunner »

Any and all pix that have to do with the semi mods would be greatly appreciated.
jimdvan

Post by jimdvan »

Thanks, Embalmer. I figured out how the bar was held in I just couldn't figure out how to get it to rise high enough to trip the sear. I can't tell ftom the photos but it looks like you have a long wire spring on the underside of your trigger bar to retract it as opposed to the coil spring. Is that right?
Embalmer
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Post by Embalmer »

ok well here are all the trigger bar components. no more no less. also some pics of the trigger rollers, and sear of the bolt.

Embalmer
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Post by Embalmer »

also in addition to the coil spring there is a wire spring on the tripping paddle where it pivots on the trigger bar.
jimdvan

Post by jimdvan »

Better pics, thanks. The white grease must have been what I saw that looked like a long spring. It looks like I'm on the right track. I removed the old spring seat, now I need to make a new one, fit it, and then have it welded in.
Embalmer
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Post by Embalmer »

Not a prob, glad I can help. Alot of guys here gave me plenty of help with mine when I first learned of this site, and is nice to return the help where I can.

jimdvan

Post by jimdvan »

Well, I successfully got the trigger working. I cut out the original spring base in the bottom of the receiver and welded a new plate in the bottom of the bolt way.

I took a little different approach than most. It seems most guys are making the plate very thin so as to clear the top of the trigger bar as the bar rises. I looked at how the bar rises and noticed that in its upper most position the top is angled up requiring a very thin spring plate or the bottom of the plate cut at an upward angle to allow the trigger bar to fully rise.

What I did was make the spring plate almost the full thickness of the space it fills in the bolt way. Then I filed the top of the trigger bar so that in its upper most postion the top is parallel to the bottom of the spring plate.

In doing so the side benefit is the spring stays straighter when the trigger bar is down because the bottom of the spring plate is straight and flat and not angled upward to the front to clear the untrimmed trigger bar.

Only time will tell if the trigger bar wears out someplace as a result but the worst is I'd have to replace it.