Gfarq's Blueprint project progress

Ask your build questions here. Welding, assembly, etc.
gfarq

Gfarq's Blueprint project progress

Post by gfarq »

Just thought I would post my progress on my MG34 blueprint Project

Bil
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Re: Gfarq's Blueprint project progress

Post by Bil »

I would like to get a set,but don't like giving paypal any bucks.Do you take postal money orders? If not,I guess I will do the paypal thing.Thanks. ---bil
"I dream of a world where I can buy alcohol,tobacco and firearms from the same drive-up window,and use them all on the way home from work!" Dogbert
sfso08
Stabsgefreiter
Stabsgefreiter

Post by sfso08 »

I have the first set, money well spent.

Riggs
gfarq

Post by gfarq »

I didn't mean to start a new thread, sorry all.

Anyone who has bought the first package can upgrade to this package at a greatly reduced prince.

Also to those who have the originals make sure you check the revision pages on my site, there have been correction on hole spacing for the trigger grip frame on the receiver, found it when i was dimensioning the frame itself and attempted to assemble it virtually.
DARIVS ARCHITECTVS
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
Anti-spam: Mg42

Post by DARIVS ARCHITECTVS »

This blueprint project is WAY COOL. Too bad I don't have an MG-34!
DARIVS ARCHITECTVS
Knight's Armoury
Bil
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by Bil »

Yet! :D ---bil
"I dream of a world where I can buy alcohol,tobacco and firearms from the same drive-up window,and use them all on the way home from work!" Dogbert
gfarq

Post by gfarq »

The MG34 is just the beginning of the pile, I've seen some of the garbage prints that are being sold, some almost unreadable. after the 34 i intend on redrawing the worst of the receiver prints out there. and clean up the other prints that are able to be digitally cleaned and have been poorly scanned.
The attachment mg34_2.gif is no longer available
Attachments
mg34_2.gif
salt6
General
General

Post by salt6 »

Added to the links page.

salt
Through many dangers, toils and snares
I have already come;
'Tis Grace that brought me safe thus far
and Grace will lead me home.

John Newton (1725-1807)

George Orwell

salt6
gfarq

Post by gfarq »

Since the MG42 site is considered the main site for getting assistance on the 34 builds on the web I figured I would post this question for you all to decide.

This Blueprint package is growing bigger everytime I draw a part, the original file being 10 pages just to fully detail the receiver, it has since grown to 16 pages by adding the grip frame, trigger and all the componants, making me have to raise the price because of printing costs and packaging, and shipping costs have all increased.

the question is: should I produce a smaller set with just the receiver and less detail, more geared to the dims required to weld correctly? I could produce a set that would still have more detail than the original prints but less costly to print and obtain, i was thinking around $15 package (perhaps 4 0r 5 pages) of just the reciever.

and if so: should I offer rendered or wireframe drawings or both?
DARIVS ARCHITECTVS
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

If I were you, I'd offer both packages, and price them accordingly.
I also do 3-D modelling. You do nice work.
DARIVS ARCHITECTVS
Knight's Armoury
gfarq

Post by gfarq »

thanks darivs.
are you drawing up any guns?
DARIVS ARCHITECTVS
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

No, but I used computer modelling to help make blueprints for my Greek ballista. It's one of three in the world that I know of, and is sort of like owning a cannon that doesn't need gunpowder.

http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg22 ... aTeam1.jpg

http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg22 ... itRear.jpg

http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg22 ... aHouse.jpg

Computer model made using Lightwave 3-D 7.0 years ago:

http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg22 ... ult002.jpg
DARIVS ARCHITECTVS
Knight's Armoury
gfarq

Post by gfarq »

Thats cool darivs,
I have finished the wireframe print version which turned out to be 3 pages of just the receiver dimensioned and I added a 4th page of rendered views that has no dimensions or writing on it as a personal worksheet for notes or whatever they want to use it for.
I havn't updated my site yet, but will tonight, but i listed it on gunbroker for $15.00 + 5.00 S&H ,
heres a pic of the set:
Wireframe 4 page print set
Wireframe 4 page print set
Bil
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by Bil »

Prints received-A-plus!!These are very nice,haven't done any checking yet,but they look good.You should put these up in the FS section,make it easier to find.I am looking forward to the rest as they are done.Thanks. ---bil
gfarq

Post by gfarq »

Bil wrote:Prints received-A-plus!!These are very nice,haven't done any checking yet,but they look good.You should put these up in the FS section,make it easier to find.I am looking forward to the rest as they are done.Thanks. ---bil

Thanks Bil,
I didn't even think of posting in the FS section on this site, i will now. i am redesigning my site for the prints and my other site machinistnetwork, since i am only one person, one site gets neglected as i am working on the other, so i am inprocess of combining them both under one CMS structure. once complete it will have some cool features for the supporters of the blueprint project.
gfarq

Post by gfarq »

My site is down for a little while , it is getting redesigned, so if any one want the prints just email me at g_farquhar@yahoo.com.

the mg34 prints so far are 16 pages, covers receiver, cocking handle, trigger, trigger frame and smaller inner componants.

I also have alot of other receiver prints available all printed on 11x17, these are remastered, meaning they have been cleaned to remove degration of images , redimentioned and formatted to properly fit 11x17 paper, i attached a pricelist and order form to this post.
receiverpricelist.pdf
My other receiver blueprints pricelist and order form
(338.31 KiB) Downloaded 322 times
Bil
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by Bil »

Thanks for the update,these are really nice! ---bil
PanzerAce247

Post by PanzerAce247 »

This may sound stupid, but I'm new to the forum, and have two questions begging to be asked:

1: The blueprints set of the MG34, are they complete, nearly complete, or far from complete?

2: is it safe to order from the site from which they are sold, if you live in Europe (in other words, will they arrive safely)?
Bil
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by Bil »

I got the receiver prints,there are also some other parts with it,the site should be able to tell you how much progress he has made since I got mine this summer.As far as shipping goes,they are rolled in a very sturdy tube and should get over to you just fine! ---bil
gfarq

Post by gfarq »

PanzerAce247 wrote:This may sound stupid, but I'm new to the forum, and have two questions begging to be asked:

1: The blueprints set of the MG34, are they complete, nearly complete, or far from complete?

2: is it safe to order from the site from which they are sold, if you live in Europe (in other words, will they arrive safely)?
Well what I have completed so far is the Receiver, trigger, trigger frame, charging handle. I have just bought my own receiver and am working on getting a parts kit so that i can really get down to business and build on this blueprint set, my latest setback was due to a fact of some lady on a cell phone running into me and my kids and totaling my van, so unfortunatly focus has shifted a little this month. hopefully jan i will be back on task.

Orders on my site go to thru paypal, I've only shipped twice to europe so far and both times they have received the prints with no issues.