MG34 Receiver Repair Section - A Review

Ask your build questions here. Welding, assembly, etc.
ruqikr454
Stabsgefreiter
Stabsgefreiter

Re: MG34 Receiver Repair Section - A Review

Post by ruqikr454 »

PM sent for the availability of the repair sections!
helix60
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Post by helix60 »

All available center sections have been sold. Though I am still getting inquiries here and there. If there is indeed an interest in these sections. I can make another batch by spring.
Right now I'm tied up making VZ58 receivers and conversion parts. Along with a few other gun projects including 1919 spade grip sets, designing a die for the Sig AMT/PE57 receiver, and a few custom bike parts for my ride.

The wife has been home for 3 weeks and is doing considerably better, though she still requires weekly therapy for Physical and Speech. She will also need surgery ro repair some bone damages. She is almost independant at this time, so I have been able to find more time to devote to the above projects. For those that didn't know she was involved in a motorcycle accident on Sept 1st. She shatered her shoulder blade (scapula) broke her collar bone and cracked her skull in two places. I sincerly hope no one has to experience a TBI in their lifetime, it's not an easy thing to accept even if it's not you that's hurt.

Regards,
Heli
Regards,
Heli

BTW If you are going to shorten Helix60 It's Heli NOT Helix.
BELTLEAD

Post by BELTLEAD »

Andrew,

Those are horrible injuries.I know a woman who suffered almost identical injuries on a motorcycle about five years ago going over a guard rail.She's lucky to have a husband that is devoted to her.
helix60
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Post by helix60 »

Thanks BL,
Things are going considerably better than originaly expected. It's amazing the medical field has spent billions over the last 20 years researching brain injuries and still can't make a good prognosis today. I fully was expecting the worst due to the prognosises of all the doctors. but greatfully things are better than what I learned on my own.

BELTLEAD wrote:Andrew,

Those are horrible injuries.I know a woman who suffered almost identical injuries on a motorcycle about five years ago going over a guard rail.She's lucky to have a husband that is devoted to her.
Regards,
Heli

helix60
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Post by helix60 »

I currently have requsets for an additional 6 repair sections. So it looks like I'll be making more sometime in the near future. Will need to aquire more 4140 and .010 wire. Anyone else interested please post here.
Regards,
Heli

helix60
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Post by helix60 »

Editing isn't an option in this thread. So I wanted to add, that it is a Posibility that I will be making 100% recievers by summer. I will have to modify some machinery to accomidate the longer length of a full receiver. Bolt channels will have NO chatter marks, it will be EDM wire cut. No cams or ejector plate, but I do happen to have about 20 shroud pins, so the first 15 or so would have the pin already installed. More of a do it yourself than TNW. Priced at about $1150 each. Custom serial numbers would be available.

I'm also working out a deal with the patent holder of another semi design that is better than TNW. US Patent # 6,634,129 B1
Regards,
Heli

helix60
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Post by helix60 »

Regards,
Heli

BELTLEAD

Post by BELTLEAD »

I'd be interested in the 80% receiver if you can cut the bolt handle slot as an extra option.
helix60
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Post by helix60 »

I can rough it in, but I have found differences between a number of origional receivers. I wouldn't want to cut it out to finish size to fit one of mine only to have it mismatch yours. I would consider as an option to fit your end pieces to the center section and THEN cut the charging handle slot. Then all you would have to do is weld it up and finish the gripstick flat, pinholes, ejection port, the ejector undercut, and match the contour.
Regards,
Heli

sardo67

Post by sardo67 »

i think i am interested in the new semi conversion that your friend has come up with, can you give any more details?
cjdaigle2
Hauptgefreiter
Hauptgefreiter

Post by cjdaigle2 »

I looking for the best option.
Weld scrap buy a 80% or this center section?

ANYONE I going nuts
Bil
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by Bil »

I am not sure if this is still availlable,check with Heli.The answer depends on your skills,time availlable,and how much you want to spend.The TNW method is the easiest way to go if you have the money.You can do the weld method if you or a friend are good welders with access to a small machine shop,as there is some machining of the welds.You can get away with hand work if you are good or lucky.The TNW is fairly straightforward,and they also make the mod parts.It all depends on which way you are more comfortable.I am going to try the re-weld method,I may end up with almost as much as the TNW into it.Just my opinion,of course.Good luck. ---bil
"I dream of a world where I can buy alcohol,tobacco and firearms from the same drive-up window,and use them all on the way home from work!" Dogbert