New members must contact admin@mg42.us to have their account activated. Please include your username.

salt

Which 308 weld rod to use?

Ask your build questions here. Welding, assembly, etc.
Abominog
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Which 308 weld rod to use?

Postby Abominog » Thu Jun 11, 2015 8:09 am

I read that 308 is the stuff to use for a semi reweld, but when I look at Amazon it's not that simple. There's different compounds with nickel, silicon, etc.

Which is the best?

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss? ... ld+rod+308
FNG

CaptMax
Stabsunteroffizier
Stabsunteroffizier

Re: Which 308 weld rod to use?

Postby CaptMax » Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:15 am

As nobody seemed to answer you question here I will go out on a limb and say I prefer ER70S.
I don't think you would be disappointed if you tried using it Abominog. Maybe someone else here will comment.
CaptMax

Grapeape
Hauptgefreiter
Hauptgefreiter
Anti-spam: Mg42

Re: Which 308 weld rod to use?

Postby Grapeape » Wed Sep 09, 2015 8:21 pm

The er70s is what I am going to use for my main weld and someone correct me if I am wrong in thinking the front receiver bushing is stainless. I will be using 309 stainless rod which is stronger when welding to carbon steel

Return to “MG34 Build It Yourself”