New members must contact admin@mg42.us to have their account activated. Please include your username.

salt

MG-34 AA Spindle

Ask your build questions here. Welding, assembly, etc.
Franz20
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann
Anti-spam: Mg42

MG-34 AA Spindle

Postby Franz20 » Mon Apr 06, 2015 12:02 pm

My question for you all,

I'm converting an MG3 AA Dreibein to a "late-war" MG-34 dreibein. I've managed to strip the paint and prep the metal surface, all I need to do is convert the spindle (the shaft that can adjust up and down for height) so it can accept a reproduction MG-34 swing/cradle mount.

My question: has anyone reproduced this part? Or can you modify the existing MG-3 one? If so could anyone recommend a machinist or help me with this crucial and final part of my conversion?

I'd greatly appreciate any insight.

Frank

Franz20
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Re: MG-34 AA Spindle

Postby Franz20 » Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:45 pm

Can someone machine my existing spindle to the proper diameter to fit a repro MG-34 mount?

Franz20
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Re: MG-34 AA Spindle

Postby Franz20 » Thu Apr 09, 2015 10:49 am

Anyone?

Return to “MG34 Build It Yourself”