MG34 Wont cycle

Ask your build questions here. Welding, assembly, etc.
42rocker
Administrator
Administrator
Anti-spam: Mg42

Re: MG34 Wont cycle

Post by 42rocker »

pics would go a long way it this.

Later 42rocker
anjongni
Oberstleutnant
Oberstleutnant

Post by anjongni »

pix787305194.jpg
The two plungers. The long one is for the reglar receiver that has a through-hole to accommodate it. Might help to clean out both dimensions of the hole...the plunger should fall all the way inside, by its own weight, without the spring. I believe that they protrude a couple thou past the receiver front when installed to keep the barrel from rattling....Best of luck...Phil
42rocker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by 42rocker »

Phil
Thanks for those pics. I'm trying to learn something from this thread and also hoping that the person that started it gets it worked out.

Later 42rocker
sdasal

Post by sdasal »

Got a chance to mess around with it some more today, and replaced the recuperator with the other one I have, and its still a bolt action. I'll take some pics of it tomorrow hopefully and see what we can work out, as far as i can tell nothing is binding/has excessive friction. the recuperator will slide back and forth under its own weight without the spring, along with the barrel, I was almost considering taking the recuperator out entirely and trying to run it for one shot and just seeing if it ejects.

Now is there any chance having the muzzle inside a bullet trap might be causing something weird with the booster/recoil? I can only shoot into the bullet trap at work so far, I'm not sure that would cause anything and can't think of how it would but its something that one of the guys at work said, granted he hardly knows what he's talking about most of the time but its something I hadn't considered would impede any function of the gun.

Now my parts kit did come with 3 different firing pins as well, i did notice that the bolt one already cocked if its rotated to lock without firing is rather quite stiff for the last 5 degrees or so of the rotation since it slightly starts to cock the firing pin further. Could this be an issue? should the firing pin sear on the bolt lock it right when its fully cammed, or slightly rotated, right now it fully cocks just before the bolt is all in alignment.

Like I said, I've done alot of reading on proper build/function of these things but I haven't ever had the prividlege to handle one other than this one so little things might be off with my kit etc that might not be so much on other guns.