questions on mechanics

Ask your build questions here. Welding, assembly, etc.
jasond

questions on mechanics

Post by jasond »

what retians the recoup in the receiver and the cocking mechanism does itreturn forword on its own or do you do it yourself
JBaum
Administrator
Administrator
Anti-spam: Mg42

Post by JBaum »

the recuperator is bolted in, the charging handle has to be pushed forward manually after cocking the bolt.

sounds like you need a book with exploded diagrams to see how everything goes together.... :)
John@German<remove this>Manuals.com

http://www.GermanManuals.com
jasond

Post by jasond »

bolt in ? it look like my mg 34 reciever just takes a pin..

which book should i get theres a couple it looks like on there my mg 34 is circa 1943
JBaum
Administrator
Administrator
Anti-spam: Mg42

Post by JBaum »

I guess I wasn't awake when I gave you the "bolted in" answer.... I was thinking MG42, and you were asking the the MG34 section.

I'm not familiar enough with the MG34 to answer your question. Big Duh! goes to me.... :oops:

RE: which book... depends on exactly what you're looking for. The Butz manual is of course the most detailed, but contains a lot of information not necessarily about the gun. It explains about the aiming stakes and all the accessories. Each has some information that the others don't.... let me know exactly what you're looking for, and I'll make an accurate recommendation.
John@German<remove this>Manuals.com

http://www.GermanManuals.com
Bullwinkle
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Post by Bullwinkle »

There is a cross pin that pushes in and rides across the flat in the recoup rod to retain it inside the rec'vr. The pin has a half circle head on one end if I remember correctly.
Mess with the Bull and you'll get the HORNS!