MG34 plans

Ask your build questions here. Welding, assembly, etc.
Kris

MG34 plans

Post by Kris »

I am looking for som plans, so i can make a MG34.
Can any one help??

regards Kris
ScottD
Major
Major

Re: MG34 plans

Post by ScottD »

Well Im gonna take the obvious wisevss shot here......what do you mean 'make a MG34'? From a demil receiver? Because if you are looking to just build one from scratch, you are barking up the wrong tree. Its virtually impossible without access to an entire machine shop. The reason why the Germans stopped producing this gun was because the receiver was SOOOOO labor intensive.....

There is a guy here who sells a FANTASTIC set of blueprints. The prints cost 30 bucks and are worth every penny. (and believe me, I am one cheap SOB....)

So what you plannng?
My soultion for everything "Get a bigger hammer or larger caliber!"
rocco1911

Post by rocco1911 »

Your in the UK why not just buy a deact gun ?? you guys cant own live guns there so building one would most likely land ya in the slammer ..... :?
Kris

Post by Kris »

rocco1911 wrote:Your in the UK why not just buy a deact gun ?? you guys cant own live guns there so building one would most likely land ya in the slammer ..... :?
Right this is were it becomes hard to follow (said my local fire arms officer).

In the 2007 reduced crime act it stats that a reenactor can build or own a 1-1 scale replica top venting blank firer (i.e. big boys cap gun).

The vet has to be under 2 inch of the round chambering.
Also no original parts can fit on except mags.

(this has came from my local fire arms officer and people that have made them or in the proses of doing so.)
rocco1911

Post by rocco1911 »

Ahhh yeah "replica & no original parts" are the catch all phrase here means ya cant use a parts kit needs to be like a tokyo mauri or the like
ScottD
Major
Major

Post by ScottD »

Hardly seems worth the effort, my friend.

I know there are resin castings available, especially in the "Star Wars" community. (The bad guys heavy laser blasters were based on MG34's. Maybe there is something available thru one of their sites....)
My soultion for everything "Get a bigger hammer or larger caliber!"
Kris

Post by Kris »

I did not won’t to make it out of resin.
I wanted to make it out of non gun grade metal.