JBaum
Administrator
Administrator
Anti-spam: Mg42

1919A4, 1917A1, Garand manuals

Post by JBaum »

Normally I don't do U.S. manuals, but I made an exception with these three:

U.S. Browning 1919A4 Overhaul - WW2 Military Issue
Browning 1919A4 Base Shop Data - The U.S. military manual for overhauling the 1919A4 belt fed Browning machine gun. This was published at Rock Island Arsenal in August of 1942. It is now 8.5 x 11" with 87 pages and a plastic comb binding so that it will lay flat on your workbench while in use. Each page has been carefully restored in Photoshop to remove the stray spots and marks, and the pages have been enhanced so that it prints as black for easier reading, instead of having the medium gray that is normally associated with the 5th generation photocopies so often found. This manual has the details for rebuilding this classic air cooled machine gun.
Please reference "Browning 1919A4 Overhaul" on your order.
$15 – includes U.S. first class postage.

U.S. Browning 1917A1 Overhaul - WW2 Military Issue
Browning 1917A1 Base Shop Data - The U.S. military manual for overhauling the 1917A1 water cooled, belt fed Browning machine gun. This was published at Rock Island Arsenal in February of 1943. It is now 8.5 x 11", with 67 pages and a plastic comb binding so that it will lay flat on your workbench while in use. Each page has been carefully restored in Photoshop to remove the stray spots and marks, and the pages have been enhanced so that it prints as black for easier reading, instead of having the medium gray that is normally associated with the 5th generation photocopies so often found. This manual has the details you'll need to know for rebuilding this classic water cooled machine gun.
Please reference "Browning 1917A1 Overhaul" on your order.
$13 – includes U.S. first class postage.

U.S. M1 Garand Disassembly/Assembly/Inspection - WW2 Military Issue

U.S. Rifle, Cal. .30, M1 Base Shop Data - The U.S. military manual for the M1 Garand service rifle. This was published at Rock Island Arsenal in February of 1943. It is now 8.5 x 11", with 36 pages and a plastic comb binding so that it will lay flat on your workbench while in use. Each page has been carefully restored in Photoshop to remove the stray spots and marks, and the pages have been enhanced so that it prints as black for easier reading, instead of having the medium gray that is normally associated with the 5th generation photocopies so often found. This includes disassembly/assembly of the bolt, front and rear sights, en-bloc clip parts, and trigger group, and how to rebarrel the receiver. It also includes the necessary dimensions for checking things like the bore, gas cylinder, and piston.
Please reference "Garand Disassembly" on your order.
$9 – includes U.S. first class postage.

More pictures are available at: https://www.germanmanuals.com/Russian.html
Attachments
1919A4BSD-0.jpg
1919A4BSD-1.jpg
1917A1BSD-0.jpg
1917A1BSD-1.jpg
GarandBSD-0.jpg
GarandBSD-1.jpg
John@German<remove this>Manuals.com

http://www.GermanManuals.com
42rocker
Administrator
Administrator

Re: 1919A4, 1917A1, Garand manuals

Post by 42rocker »

I have the first two manuals. They are great!! I'm looking forward to receiving the third one. As I understand it, it's in the mail!
You can just drop a manual down and review the pics as your hands are working on the parts. Big pages and Big pics/drawings. OUTSTANDING.

THANKS for doing this John.

Later 42rocker
42rocker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by 42rocker »

Just received my manuals.
John -- You did outstanding work on them!! My M1 Garand Thanks You. My 1919a4 and the 1917a1 that I'm working on Thank You also.

Later 42rocker
SturmHead
Obergefreiter
Obergefreiter

Post by SturmHead »

I just picked up 3 of John's manuals at the Military Show of Shows. I highly recommend them. The manuals were on the 1917A1, 1928 Thompson, and the M1 Garand. More information than I needed, but more is better than not enough.