mg34 reciever

Anything MG34 related.
mdm2

mg34 reciever

Post by mdm2 »

has anyone seen the new usa made mg34 recievers on gun broker that are suposed to be 90% so he sawed the front of, whats the deal with these ,are they any good. there is one on there now not sure the auction # but easty to find just type in mg34 it comes up
ScottD
Major
Major

Re: mg34 reciever

Post by ScottD »

Cut up a perfectly good receiver when it was 'about' 90% complete? It sounds too good to be true for that price. Im betting it will finish out in the 1000 dollar range before the auction is over.
My soultion for everything "Get a bigger hammer or larger caliber!"
www.Prussia.us
General
General

Post by www.Prussia.us »

First, I have looked for this auction and cannot find it.

However, I remember on another forum about a year ago there was going to be a group-buy for some TNW rejects, I am not sure what was going to be needed to make these TNW “dummy” receivers “smart” again. My name was on the waitlist and the buy just never materialized but gun parts like that are tantamount to matter, “… never created or destroyed… just changing in form.” There is a good chance those second-TNW receivers made it somewhere, then were sat on, and are being sold. Even the good early TNW receivers took a lot of work (some were sent back), like anything with the mg34, know what you are getting into she is an unforgiving beast.
“… corporations have been enthroned, and an era of corruption in high places will follow, … until all wealth is aggregated in a few hands and the Republic is destroyed.”

- Abraham Lincoln (Republican), Nov. 21, 1864
www.Prussia.us
General
General

Post by www.Prussia.us »

Okay here is the link:
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... =130599632

Yes, I am far from being an expert but it looks like a bocthed TNW saw cut, that some guy is selling.

I would rather have an original welded by Jorge and Stan ANYDAY 8)
“… corporations have been enthroned, and an era of corruption in high places will follow, … until all wealth is aggregated in a few hands and the Republic is destroyed.”

- Abraham Lincoln (Republican), Nov. 21, 1864
mdm2

Post by mdm2 »

i have done a reweld it turned out so well that after welding, i kid you not the bolt slides through no fileing needed ,i will have to file some to loosen a couple of spots but real nice already, i had overlapping sections and i ground all them to lenght and flat and parallel and welded one section at a time useing a fixture and a precision magnet, i also now have the suspected TNW reject on the way and have a new original front to put on it.
rocco1911

Post by rocco1911 »

mdm2 wrote:i have done a reweld it turned out so well that after welding, i kid you not the bolt slides through no fileing needed ,i will have to file some to loosen a couple of spots but real nice already, i had overlapping sections and i ground all them to lenght and flat and parallel and welded one section at a time useing a fixture and a precision magnet, i also now have the suspected TNW reject on the way and have a new original front to put on it.
Well make sure & keep us posted on how it goes together & congrats on your new purchase I'm sure it will all come together perfect. :D
mdm2

Post by mdm2 »

lets hope its nothing welding and a little remachining cant fix, what else would i have to spend my time on, i like these 34's so much more than my 42's dont get me wrong i like them too, but there is just something about a 34'