my MG34

Anything MG34 related.
Javi

my MG34

Post by Javi »

hi all,

my MG34 arrived today, would like to hear your opinions about it.
-what about the blue finish? original? specially on above part and under the mark DOT 1943.looks that it have been polished, could be these numbers remarked?
-i have found a solder above on the you can see it on the pics. re-blued?
-and what about the grips? they are in alu and black repainted? the period grips were made in bakelite? am i wrong?

i have cleared the pics a little with photoshop because they were dark.
please let me know if you need better or bigger pics.
thanks.

www.Prussia.us
General
General

Re: my MG34

Post by www.Prussia.us »

I will defer to the experts regarding how original everything is, but it looks really great to me :D

Matching-numbered: barrel shroud, receiver, and top-cover, really are great to have.

Well done, I hope you give it a nice home :D :D
“… corporations have been enthroned, and an era of corruption in high places will follow, … until all wealth is aggregated in a few hands and the Republic is destroyed.”

- Abraham Lincoln (Republican), Nov. 21, 1864
railsplitter

Post by railsplitter »

Looks SWELL :cheer: works full auto :cross: Anyone know what "Crown AN AA" is about :search
Javi

Post by Javi »

the AN AA is a French demill marking. more opinions please? about above questions? :cross:
geladen

Post by geladen »

the finish looks good to me but it does apear to have a repair on the topcover. what does that spot look like from inside? is it part of the demil? it is a nice piece! i would love to have matching #'s.
rocco1911

Post by rocco1911 »

does this disassemble ???? if so what did they do to it internally ????

Those that cant bear to look @ the carnage just turn your heads :lol:
Javi

Post by Javi »

thank you very much for your replies, i will try to take better pics!!! yesterday i was so nervousss when it arrive...

the cannon is with some holes and completely covered :bang: :burn:
ScottD
Major
Major

Post by ScottD »

Javi, there is a small language barrier here. When you say 'cannon', are you referring to the 'barrel'?

Thats a good looking weapon. I hope you restore it to firing condition (if legal...)
My soultion for everything "Get a bigger hammer or larger caliber!"
geladen

Post by geladen »

after seeing some other demils, ours here in the US arent too bad. what country was it that welded every piece of the 34 together?
Javi

Post by Javi »

hi geladen,

not sure about the country, but it have some electric pencil numbers, so i think it comes from russia from first time, its tipycal from ruskys.

the deact is French, but i bought it here in Spain. no more info sorry.

Scott,

i will try to dissasembly this afternoon if i have time, and post some better pics. ;)
longhorn109
Oberstleutnant
Oberstleutnant

Post by longhorn109 »

Hi Javi,
a very nice deac job. I wish some of mine were as good as that.
What you call the barrel we call the barrel shroud. and what you call the cannon we call the barrel. I hope that helps clear any confusion.
The only thing that helps me maintain my slender grip on reality is the friendship I share with my collection of singing potatoes.
Javi

Post by Javi »

it´s easy to restore my MG? is the barrel shroud with holes? or is this the original condition?

thanks.
flemgunner
Brigadegeneral
Brigadegeneral

Post by flemgunner »

Looks like the barrel was drilled a few times. The barrel shroud looks fine though
Javi

Post by Javi »

maybe buying a new barrel and new bolt?
geladen

Post by geladen »

is that all they did to deactivate it?
Javi

Post by Javi »

is that all they did to deactivate it?
not 100% sure but i think yes.
longhorn109
Oberstleutnant
Oberstleutnant

Post by longhorn109 »

I have been told that some of the French deactivated guns were a very light deactivation. Some of the early stuff done in the UK was also very light work on them.

I have no idea where you would get a bolt and barrel in Europe, assuming it was legal which it won't be.
The only thing that helps me maintain my slender grip on reality is the friendship I share with my collection of singing potatoes.
geladen

Post by geladen »

i was expecting the inside of that gun to be a disaster. great gun, you are very lucky. is it legal to build semi auto's there?
Javi

Post by Javi »

is it legal to build semi auto's there?
no,...its no legal..... :(