Weird Bipod attachement...a BREN on 34

Anything MG34 related.
ChrisPCook
Oberst
Oberst

Weird Bipod attachement...a BREN on 34

Post by ChrisPCook »

Picked this kit up with a cut receiver a few weeks ago for 350$, got lucky, right place at the right time. The weird thing, it came with a Bren Bipod, and this.... Chris....
Attachments
P1020665.JPG
P1020664.JPG
rocco1911

Re: Weird Bipod attachement...a BREN on 34

Post by rocco1911 »

Oh man that is different wonder if it was used on a bren tripod also :)
Michael J

Post by Michael J »

British captured 34 maybe? And some soldier with too much time on his hands :lol: .
ChrisPCook
Oberst
Oberst

Post by ChrisPCook »

It's on a 1945 dated shroud, my thoughts are that either it was an improvised mount at the end of the war when things were most desperate, but more likely a postwar adaptation by the Israelis or some nation like that. However there is no "Star of David" on the shroud or receiver that came with it. Go figure.... Chris..
Michael J

Post by Michael J »

Regardless, its cool, seems rare, don't change it! Who knows, possible collector value mark up :D .
rocco1911

Post by rocco1911 »

lots of brit stuff was left behind @ Dunkirk maybe they played around with it
Michael J

Post by Michael J »

ooh, maybe you got some lab prototype :lol: . I personally think its cool though :) .
ScottD
Major
Major

Post by ScottD »

I hate to rain on anybodies parade.......and Im new to the 34.....but that bipod mount is exactly like the one on mine upstairs...its a post war Izzy model.....sorry guys, no super top secret Dunkirk model here.... :?
My soultion for everything "Get a bigger hammer or larger caliber!"
rocco1911

Post by rocco1911 »

Cool thanks for the info Guess the izzies had some Bren parts as well :lol:
Michael J

Post by Michael J »

Lame... Yeah, cut it off asap :puk: .

:lol:
ScottD
Major
Major

Post by ScottD »

Its not even a Brit design. Looks close to the hand grip swivel, but its not the same. Bren doesnt have the 'split' down the middle.

Michael J, play nice or you're grounded!
My soultion for everything "Get a bigger hammer or larger caliber!"
rocco1911

Post by rocco1911 »

Yea dont cut anything off Till your 110% certain you dont want it :)
Michael J

Post by Michael J »

Still unique i guess. Aren't bren parts cheaper anyways? It's a conversation starter for such at least ;).
ChrisPCook
Oberst
Oberst

Post by ChrisPCook »

ScottD pretty much confirmed what I thought....figured postwar izzy, just hadn't seen one like it before. Chris...
D1456B

Post by D1456B »

I just Bought the total Bipod, What you have is the 34 attachment then there is the rest of the Bipod which if I could upload the Pic's The lower part has Telescopic Legs
Attachments
Bipod 005.JPG
D1456B

Post by D1456B »

rocco1911 wrote:Oh man that is different wonder if it was used on a bren tripod also :)
On my other Post to your mount, Found out that the complete Bipod (like Mine) fits the ZBG-30 Bren comes from the CZECH ZB26 Which when the Germans took over the CZechs Guns, they named the gun MG-26 With my Mount. I think I got a Deal on it I paid a guy on Gunboards $40.00 for it and now I will put the complete top, less the legs on my 42 AA Mount so I can put my MG-34 on it . I hope this Helps!!
rocco1911

Post by rocco1911 »

Ahhh yes a great Idea let us know how it turns out we will need pics for sure :wnana:
Tim g

Post by Tim g »

Looking at the bipod its not bren either. Legs are different to all mks of bren.
Regards
Tim
D1456B

Re:Pic,s & Update on 42AA to 34 (using weird Piece)

Post by D1456B »

AS I said in last post I,m converting 42 to 34 AA mount using top half of CZECH bIpod, remove cotter pin from 42 mount, in the adapter is 2 pieces of rubber grommet( Like a rubber mount in a shock absorber) you cant use the existing cross bolt, Replace with a 3/8-16 course rod, 2 3/8 course nuts . 2 flat washers. cost of these items @ Home Depot $2.22 you will have to trim the grommet about 1/8" on each bushing, Install the rod w/washer Tighten to your liking,cut remainding rod flush with nut Touch up Green Paint .Finished I bought the 42AA MOUNT from I.O.INC for $99.95 its like brand new. Thats it!!!!!!! One pic is how much rubber I shaved off, Sorry about the pic Quality MY Daughter isnt here to show me How to fine tune. But you Guys get the Idea. See Ya!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Attachments
Mg-42 to Mg34 002.JPG
Mg-42 to Mg34 003.JPG
Mg-42 to Mg34 004.JPG
Mg-42 to Mg34 005.JPG
Mg-42 to Mg34 001.JPG
schaubel777

Post by schaubel777 »

I am lucky enough to have one of these also. Make that two. One I bought from FAC when they closed. 25.00 and another for 50 from a guy in Canada about a year ago. The beater 34 kits were 275 from FAC in 03 though. Wish I'd bought them all. Neat morph of the ZB and MG though I think. I'll use mine on my 34s.