leaving the land of MG34's

Anything MG34 related.
Embalmer
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

leaving the land of MG34's

Post by Embalmer »

Well was offered a decent trade for my TNW mg34, which I am going to take. I will miss it, as it is a beautiful weapon, but is def out of place since I had to sell most of my gun collection to fund a custody battle, and have no other german weapons left. I still am keeping my 1919 so I will still have beltfed joy in my life. I am getting a complete real 1903a4 sniper and a excellent M1 carbine to help rebuild my U.S. collection. Thanks to all who helped getting the beast up and running as well as it is now. Ill still stick around as im sure ill still run into probs with the browning, that ill seek for advice here so :lurk: :D
noonxnoon

Re: leaving the land of MG34's

Post by noonxnoon »

Sorry to hear you 'go' Embalmer.

You had some great pics over the holiday of your outing with your 34 as I remember.

That legal stuff can get nasty.

Hope everything works out for you, all the best
42rocker
Administrator
Administrator
Anti-spam: Mg42

Post by 42rocker »

Say its not so...

O'well best of luck to you with everything and Thanks for your posts on some of my questions

Later 42rocker
www.Prussia.us
General
General

Post by www.Prussia.us »

Well not to get too metaphysical but none of our toys are owned, they are just temporarily held until the next buyer, heir, or whatever takes possession of them.

Sorry to hear of the custody dispute/costs it is shameful how much lawyers are allowed to charge for this crap.
“… corporations have been enthroned, and an era of corruption in high places will follow, … until all wealth is aggregated in a few hands and the Republic is destroyed.”

- Abraham Lincoln (Republican), Nov. 21, 1864
Embalmer
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Post by Embalmer »

Yeah was ridiculous but was worth it in the end as I get my boy every weekend. Just hurts as I had over 60 pieces (some rare) that I wanted him to get later in life as I dont have much else to pass on to him from US, germany, britain, russia, and japan. When all was said and done, was reduced to just my very first rifle a M1 Garand (out of 12 of every maker, era, SN range 500k- 6 mil, snipers, and NM varients) 1 1919a4, 1 MG34, Ithaca 1911a1, and 6 civil war weapons. Since most of what I have is U.S. stuff, decided to trade the MG34 for the 1903a4 and Type I m1 carbine, to replace atleast those 2 that were lost and start rebuilding my collection just as I started 10 years ago. Maybe I can luck out and win the lottery and get another. Thanks for the comments
Bil
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by Bil »

Having gone through this myself,let me tell you that you got the best end of the deal.I walked away from a lot,but have my kids.I feel I am a rich man,things can be bought,children never. ---bil [PS-It does get better.]
"I dream of a world where I can buy alcohol,tobacco and firearms from the same drive-up window,and use them all on the way home from work!" Dogbert
JBaum
Administrator
Administrator
Anti-spam: Mg42

Post by JBaum »

My custody battle went on for 22 months... it was the joke of the courthouse. I finally won (the kids had been living with me the whole time, anyway).

Looking back, it was worth it. Only some of us know the pain, but take comfort in the knowledge that you did what was important.

My kids are in their late 20s now, and know what I went through to take care of them. It's worth everything it costs, even when it costs everything.
John@German<remove this>Manuals.com

http://www.GermanManuals.com
noonxnoon

Post by noonxnoon »

since everyone else is getting all sentimental...

My parents had an UGLY divorce...I was maybe 6-7 at the time...really bad.

Father got full custody but the uglyness lasted.

Its been a long time since then and now I got a son of my own...going on 18 months now and yeah...he really is a jewel...like magic...keeps me going through the day when I see him running around or even seeing him sleeping.

I'm hoping when he gets older he'll have an interest in my collection and I can give him mine.

I know what you guys are talking about in priorities in life...I never thought I would be so enchanted...but right after my son was born...wow...that connection happened and I can't imagine life without him
flemgunner
Brigadegeneral
Brigadegeneral

Post by flemgunner »

I lucked out, The divorce was a PITA but later on the ex died....... I win!
Embalmer
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Post by Embalmer »

flemgunner wrote:I lucked out, The divorce was a PITA but later on the ex died....... I win!
lol I wish I was that lucky. All honestly though I didnt agree with the hell she put me through, but she is a great mother and have been bringing him up very well so I cant knock her completely. ohwell life moves on