TNW MG-34

Anything MG34 related.
mkVsten
Offizieranwärter
Offizieranwärter

TNW MG-34

Post by mkVsten »

Just a general question about TNW's S/A MG-34

I have one lined up to purchase here in Canada, any good or bad points to consider before making the plunge? What is their S/A set-up like? There is ZERO information on their website and the piece I'm looking at purchasing is about 1200 miles away, so no chance of examining before I purchase it.

Photos below...

Comments?

Embalmer
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Re: TNW MG-34

Post by Embalmer »

good well made guns. I have one, and was a great investment. only prob was the heavy trigger pull, which they fixed. wether or not your gun your getting has been updated or not, you wont know till you get to play with it. if it hasnt, its a easy fix to convert with parts thats avalible from them.
noonxnoon

Post by noonxnoon »

What prices are you seeing for this make?

Century has some for over 3k, but it looks all stainless.

Not sure who the manufacturer is for it.
Michael J

Post by Michael J »

You talking about the ones Marstar is selling?
Marstar retailed TNW mg34's are (were) originally $5895. 00 , however they have been on "special" for as long as i can tell for $4000.
All in all, it would just be cheaper for you to re-weld and make your own mg34 from a parts kit. I have already got the laws worked out, and as long as you tell the Canadian Firearms Registry (CFR) your proposed serial #, and have an RCMP member inspect the gun, your all good to go. Is what i am doing for my mg42 build.

Or, another idea would to buy from TNW directly, and have your gun imported through Questar, or another company able to import / export.
mkVsten
Offizieranwärter
Offizieranwärter

Post by mkVsten »

Hey BC Guy...this one was purchased from Marstar, but its being sold private sale now.

Prices...

I can purchase the one in the photos for $3000 CDN. I know its a deal, I was just concerned if these TNW reworks had any serious issues.

Sounds like I can't go wrong with it...
noonxnoon

Post by noonxnoon »

3k Canadian or USD, sounds a good deal.

I know the parts kits are cheaper...but I lack the equipment and knowledge to reweld those receivers.

I still am concerned about the rewelds being able to handle all that pressure firing ammo puts on it.

I know alot of you guys have done it, no problem
Embalmer
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Post by Embalmer »

like I said ive read people with earlier guns had alot of probs. Havent heard too much negative about them recently. Like I said other than the trigger pull, ive had no issues with mine what so ever in 3 years.
Michael J

Post by Michael J »

mkVsten wrote:Hey BC Guy...this one was purchased from Marstar, but its being sold private sale now.

Prices...

I can purchase the one in the photos for $3000 CDN. I know its a deal, I was just concerned if these TNW reworks had any serious issues.

Sounds like I can't go wrong with it...
A) Good price man :D
B) I looked around, doesn't seem like any serious errors with the TNW mg34's. Another canadian member on the 1919a4.com forum told me about his recently purchased marstar tnw mg34, works like a charm. I'm not sure about the rate of "wear and tear" on the gun, but being a semi, it probably shouldn't matter, and i'm sure TNW is using quality metal.

I've heard a lot of praise, and at that price, you should definitely grab it!
Barrel26

Post by Barrel26 »

I purchased the TNW MG34 in June/July 2008 and am well pleased with the craftsmanship, appearance, and firing performance. Trigger pull was a bit on the heavy side though.

Should you purchase an SA MG34, whether from Marstar or TNW, be sure you measure the diameter of the hole in the recoil booster cone. It should read either 10.5 or 11mm. Mine from TNW was 9mm and the recoil on the system was rather violent until I rebored it to 11mm. There's also a thread on this forum that covers this subject rather well.