brp mg34 parts kit grade 'b'

Anything MG34 related.
bob2800cs

brp mg34 parts kit grade 'b'

Post by bob2800cs »

Hello everyone, I'm new to mg34's :o
I called and asked brian if they had grade 'b' kits, I only saw grade "A's" on their website so I figured they must have a "B" grade also $500 :idea: He says they were from yugoslavia which got them after ww2 and stored since they mostly used newer combloc stuff.
I'll post a description/ photos when it gets here. Thats cool with me that it won't have matching part numbers or renumbers :P
stifeout
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Post by stifeout »

Welcome Bob, Brian's a good guy, I'm sure he'll take care of you....Jorge
Abwehr

Post by Abwehr »

Yea, I have to agree with "stifeout", Brian is a good guy and will certainly take care of you!
bob2800cs

Post by bob2800cs »

The kit I got is pretty nice, a dot 1943, dot bolt, with a really nice 43 dated adjustable bipod and nice black bakelite buttstock with no chips, cracks and no serial numbers on it. I haven't cleaned up the barrel, it's full of grease!! It has a triangle mark with a T inside, is this some kind of russian marking, like Tula arsenal?? I think next time I'll go with the grade A so I can get the waffen apts and maybe an earlier date!! My brother got a 1939 dated one, I haven't seen it but he says its really nice, I think I'll have to trade him one of my mg42 kits or something for it when I see it...
Ah, I got a mg34 barrel from sarco and it took ONLY a week to get here :P ! It's an israeli crome lined 8mm in new condition, it looks like it had been in storage 40+ years. The grease is very dry on it, almost like asphault on the barrel and the lands and grooves are as sharp just like on new mg42 .308 barrels.
Abwehr

MG34 Barrel

Post by Abwehr »

bob2800cs,

The "Triangle with T" certainly sounds like a post war Czechoslavokian stamp. If I remember correctly, this is the same stamp that is on some of the Czech VZ52 pistols. I think it is an arsenal stamp, but can't confirm since I am not home to check in my book on Czech weapons. It seems reasonable that Yugoslavia could have had them made in Czech. due to the fact they had a very nice arms industry and both were under Commie control. IF it is a Czech barrel, it should be top quality!
Reichpapers
Brigadegeneral
Brigadegeneral

Post by Reichpapers »

Both of my BRP 34 kits are top notch...From all of the kits I have seen or purchased before, these are by far nicer than any other seller.
It's better to be silent and considered a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.
bob2800cs

Post by bob2800cs »

Thanks for the responses. Ah now I know why there wasn't waffen apts on it, its a reworked post war czech 34! I almost could have swore it was a russian capture with that tula looking stamp!! I have to scrape all the grease off the barrel to find out the barrel's origin :P The trigger has an "E" and a "D" I think, is this the double trigger?
Bob
Reichpapers
Brigadegeneral
Brigadegeneral

Post by Reichpapers »

Yep, the "D" Dauer, stands for automatic fire, and the "E" Einzeln semi auto fire.
It's better to be silent and considered a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.
Abwehr

Post by Abwehr »

If your kit was a Czech post war rework, you can rest assured that the job was done right! Although some of the Czech firearms are a little "funky" in design, they are well made and the craftsmanship is good too.
gunslingerdoc
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Post by gunslingerdoc »

Wanna really be excited about your 34 barrel? Take some carb cleaner a few disposable rags. Spray and wipe - voilla, beauty! The first Izzy 34 barrel I unpacked I thought was crap until I used some b-12 carb cleaner on it. I ordered 2 more 20 minutes later. They're awesome for shooting and you can 'save the waffen' barrels fro display.
Smooth is Fast
bob2800cs

Post by bob2800cs »

Yes I agreee the czechs made a few unusual looking guns, like the gun that takes the 7.62x45 caliber ammo, I forgot the name of that rifle but its odd!!
Ah, I looked at the barrel that came with the kit, it only has waffenapts on the machined end and a few lined out numbers on the barrel and a K-5 in a rectangle. What is more common the wood stocks or the bakelite ones? There are no "MG34" markings on a MG34 right? What is the oldest MG34 parts kit anybody come across, a 34 or 35 date?
Bob
MauserMatt
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Post by MauserMatt »

Too bad you didn't wait to get in on the MG34 group buy put on by Weaponeer... $495 for the kit plus an assault drum, 3 belts, and a breech cover.... In case anyone else wants to get in on it (wish I could) here's the link:

http://www.weaponeer.net/forum/forum_po ... D=759&PN=1

I don't mean to rub it in if you didn't see it, just letting others know it's out there.... Sounds like you're pretty happy with your kit anyway. :D
~Matt
DrSmeller

Post by DrSmeller »

I am trying to decide which MG34 kit. The one on Weaponeers's GB, the one BRP guns, the one from http://www.mg34.com? I am leaning towards the one from Weaponeer but any insight as to the pros and cons of these three would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Reichpapers
Brigadegeneral
Brigadegeneral

Post by Reichpapers »

I don't want to sound like I'm endlessly promoting BRP, but...one thing I have come across buying or seeing MG34's in the past is that they are usually heavily buffed and reblued. I thought this was the norm until I bought my kits from BRP...theirs are real sweet.
BELTLEAD

Post by BELTLEAD »

Buy the BRP.They have the nicest finish I've seen on MG34's.Brian has been getting them in that arsenal finish look for years.I bought my MG34 kits more than five years ago and at that time only one I bought from Allegheny Arsenal was close to having that nice finish.My others have seen quite a bit of action in there time.