Anything MG34 related.
Damien Horn
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Matt Minird...do you know him?

Post by Damien Horn »

Hi,
I am hoping that some one out there knows Matt Minard...mlminard@earthlink.net

I recently was in contact with this guy and he wanted to puchase the AA pole for a lafette. We agreed a price and he sent the cash to me via Western Union. I posted the pole off to him just before I collected the money from Western Union.
I emailed to say I had posted the pole and had the cash and left it at that.
Yesterday I got an email from him saying I was a thief and had stolen his money and he had seen me on various forums and was going to post messages to the effect that I was a thief etc.
Well as I have already said, the pole has been posted and I have not stolen his money. I am the sort of guy that is straight down the line and will trust anyone wether I have met them or not...that is until they cross me. I emailed him yesterday and basically said similar to what I have laid out here for you. Just now I have got another email with him giving me 72 hours before he declares war on me etc. He should have had my email and as far as I am aware it has not bounced back to me as undelivered.

I know this does not concern any of you directly, but if you know this guy see if you can get through to him for me, I cannot see why he is so rattled. I emailed him at every stage of the deal and as far as I am concerned have done my end of the deal perfectly. Customs may hold up proceedings along with the post office but that is out of my hands.

If this message is in the wrong topic area I apologise.
Cheers,
Damien.
salt6
General
General
Anti-spam: Mg42

Post by salt6 »

Where are you located and did the package have any kind of tracking number. If it's coming into the states it just might be tied up in customs.

SB
JBaum
Administrator
Administrator

Post by JBaum »

Damien,

You may have a customs number for the package.... email it to him. You may also be able to have the post office do a search to see where it is. If you sent it surface (and I certainly believe you sent it), it will take up to 6 weeks to get to the U.S. That is provided that U.S. customs doesn't put it in a corner and forget about it.

My experience in sending items to Holland is very irregular. This has not happened to me when receiving packages from Europe, but Holland sat on a part for my Holland friend for nearly 3 months before delivering it to him. It was sent by airmail, and was 3 months in getting to him. It's a good thing he and I have done a lot of trading in the past, or he would have been justified in doubting my honesty.

For everyone's information:
1. the Channel Islands are off the coast of France, but they are a British possession.

2. I would not hesitate to do business with Damien. Here's a guy who looked over my website and sent me an original 1937 MG34 manual to translate, worth about $150, when I asked if he could scan it in for me. You can't get much more trusting or upstanding than that. For the small sum (relatively speaking) that the anti-aircraft extension would be, I'd support Damien fully in the fact that it was sent.

Damien: how long ago was the package sent?
John@German<remove this>Manuals.com

http://www.GermanManuals.com
Schnee

Post by Schnee »

Last edited by Schnee on Fri Jan 06, 2006 12:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
JBaum
Administrator
Administrator

Post by JBaum »

Minard has been contacted.... there seems to be a problem with emails between Damien and him. Looks like it's a "lost in space" email situation that will be resolved shortly.
John@German<remove this>Manuals.com

http://www.GermanManuals.com
Damien Horn
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Many thanks

Post by Damien Horn »

Many thanks to you guys who got involved in this problem. I thought that this method would sort it. I guess my emails are bouncing around out there somewhere. I have emailed Matt directly to assure him I have not stolen his money and that the post is on its way to him. Its in the hands of the post office.
D.