WTK Any good or bad news about XMG M16/mg34 made by BRP guns

Anything MG34 related.
waterdawg
Obergefreiter
Obergefreiter

WTK Any good or bad news about XMG M16/mg34 made by BRP guns

Post by waterdawg »

Does any body have any experiece with these good or bad. I have the bug to buy something, would like to get both a Mg34 and MG42 but can not have it all, the XMG seems like a good compromise, shoots full auto with a M16 lower but is still mostly an original german gun, but a original WWII German kit built into a MG42 would work also for reenactments.
dluch

Post by dluch »

The BRP X34 is about 2 inches longer than original & with Ar15 lower looks a bit odd.

Spend the same & get a TNW '34 - it's high quality & you won't be disappointed. The bad news is - try & find one.
AZG3

Post by AZG3 »

I recently got an XMG and the first trip out was successful. I had a few light primer strikes the first 150 rounds or so, but after adding more lube the light strikes dwindled down to less than 1%. This was on a F/A Colt lower. It was a lot of fun and so far shoots great and sounds like an MG34!
Attachments
Mobile07_XMG.jpg
Mobile07_XMG.jpg (215.7 KiB) Viewed 1011 times
Bil
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by Bil »

Very nice!Thanks for the pic. ---bil
waterdawg
Obergefreiter
Obergefreiter

Post by waterdawg »

Thanks for the pic, would it work on a Lafette tripod, and what type of ammo where you using, thanks for any info.
AZG3

Post by AZG3 »

These work on the post war MG3 tripods, but you have to take off the buttstock. However the remote trigger works. I was told to only use Romanian 8MM ammo as it works the best. The ammo in the pic is 70's Yugo. I was just trying a little of it to see how it worked, plus it is more photogenic!
conical one

Post by conical one »

I have had one for some years. It was a bit finicky at first, but once set up it runs excellent.

It has all the advantages of a F/A MG34 without the $'s cost. If you have a FA 16 then it is the way to go. It actually runs very fast in semi mode as the trigger setup is very light and works well on the MG3 tripods.

I don't know if they have any in stock, but they are built nicely.

Conical One

l