MG34 Ejector Rods

Anything MG34 related.
Mg34gunner
Stabsunteroffizier
Stabsunteroffizier

MG34 Ejector Rods

Post by Mg34gunner »

Is any one making/selling replacement ejector rods for the MG34?

I have a number of bolts that would be good bolts but have battered ejector rods.

I talked to Brian at BRP last week and he said you could modify the rods that TNW makes for thier semi bolt. I checked thier website but did not see them listed.

Some one could make blank rods the correct length that could then be fitted by the user. The trick would be to use an alloy somewhat softer than that of the ejector plate since the rods are much easier to replace than the ejector plate.......

Seems a shame to strip an otherwise good bolt for parts when all it needs is an ejetor rod.
gordie k
Leutnant
Leutnant

ejector rods

Post by gordie k »

AA used to have new german ones
Blanksguy
General
General

Post by Blanksguy »

When you talk about "new" ejector-rods for the MG34 Bolt, remember three things:

1: They are made long and need to be fitted to an individual MG34.

2: When replaced......replace the rivet-pin that holds it in the MG34 Bolt.

3: With such a high-wear part(s) prone to wear and breakage.........why can't someone on this board (that owns a CNC lathe run off a couple hundred of these to sell as sets to us as a group-buy. They can be made from normal drill-rod looks like. Just barrow an unused WWII set that has not been installed yet as a guide.

(Note: Two short "Pins" shouldn't cost us more than $5 to $10 a set.......but watch the guy making them says "Oh, but I gota" charge $15 or $20 a set 'cause the little buggers are hard for me to find drill-rod that size".......yea ??

Be safe, RichardS.
Blanksguy2001@chartermi.net
Mg34gunner
Stabsunteroffizier
Stabsunteroffizier

Post by Mg34gunner »

Blanksguy, that's my point. They wear out and look pretty simple...

One thing I have never found is the procedure for actually fitting the rod to the gun. I understand you have to stone the bevel on the end that engages the ejector plate but how do you decide when you've got it right?

These are the things wich trouble my sleep. :|
gordie k
Leutnant
Leutnant

rods

Post by gordie k »

when its right the bolt will slide past the plate with no drag
when you test it be sure that the pin is all they out
if it wount go just remove bolt and touch the edge to a bench grinder keeping the same angle and recheck
just a little at a time till it goes by if you releace the fp tenson so the bolt dosent bind goes real fast
push pin out hold gun down and drop the bolt should go right home
Blanksguy
General
General

Post by Blanksguy »

Just as Gordie K said......
You fit/stone the rear-tip of the ejector-rod on the bolt-assembly until it will just clears the ejector-plate inside the receiver (With the ejector-rod pushed forward). The ejector-rod is held in the bolt-assemblt by a pin/rivet that you expand the head on to retain it....as the ejector-rod fits into the bolt-assebly at an angle....you have to "fit" these by grind/stone until the rear-tip of the ejector-rod just clears the ejector-plate when you insert the MG34 bolt from the rear...and remember to push the ejector-rod forward prior to inserting the bolt-assembly into the receiver.

Be safe, RichardS.
Blanksguy2001@chartermi.net
gordie k
Leutnant
Leutnant

ejectors

Post by gordie k »

forgot to mention the pin that holds the edj. is stepted big end and small end small end is at the bottem of bolt drive it out the right way, pin is very tight use the right size punch