What did I find?? MG34

Anything MG34 related.
42rocker
Administrator
Administrator
Anti-spam: Mg42

What did I find?? MG34

Post by 42rocker »

Was digging thru a few things last night and found these 2 old cut receiver pieces. I know what is different and what I found, was very happy about the find.
So what is different?? I know that Flemgunner knows and a few others do, so lets give some of the other folks a small chance. If you know whats up for sure at 1st glace then wait till Sunday to tell everyone. You can post saying I Know I Know but give some others a chance. There are a few pics on this website about it.
Yes it's torch cut bad and missing a few pieces but both pieces are from the same receiver. Here in America we don't see it this close together.

Later 42rocker
w1.jpg
Same with a brp made dummy receiver
w2.jpg
Ok, 1st poster ---- I Know ---- lets go

1st person that had to look it up or figure it out ---- Sign in please and tell us what it is.
42rocker
Administrator
Administrator

Re: What did I find?? MG34

Post by 42rocker »

Well that was interesting.

What was it???? Well the basic answer is a cut up old early MG34 receiver. With the Adjustable rate of Fire Slot. Only on the early MG34 receivers.
I had just finished redoing this Topic on it.

http://mg42.us/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=12995

Will try to post another ""What did I find??"" on something else Friday night.

Later 42rocker
Bil
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by Bil »

Very nice! Now you need the adjustable rate FCG...I have an empty one I got from JBaum years ago, you sometimes find them reused in the 34 with the mechanism removed... ---bil
"I dream of a world where I can buy alcohol,tobacco and firearms from the same drive-up window,and use them all on the way home from work!" Dogbert
42rocker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by 42rocker »

Bil
Just found this post. Thanks for the feed back. The inside parts show up here and there. 1 or 2 complete that we know of.

Later 42rocker
Hessian
Obergefreiter
Obergefreiter

Post by Hessian »

Isn't that cool when you find items you have totally forgot about, I found a Mp40 barrel not long ago mixed in with some of my old Marine Corps gear that I hadn't gone through since I retired from the Marines in 1999.