New members must contact admin@mg42.us to have their account activated. Please include your username.

salt

8mm x 57 Mauser Headspace Gage Variations & Measurements

Anything MG34 related.
maddog51
Hauptgefreiter
Hauptgefreiter
Anti-spam: Mg42

8mm x 57 Mauser Headspace Gage Variations & Measurements

Postby maddog51 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:13 am

This link is from Foster Gauges: http://www.forsterproducts.com/resource ... surements/

Was thinking of purchasing a MG34 barrel for a spare and don't have any 8mm headspace gauges.
In my search for gauges, I got this info. Old 20° 48” shoulder angle was changed to the to the current 19 ° shoulder angle. Current 19° headspace gauges will appear as if they are longer. In that case your Go- Gauge will not close if its set right on the money and you may think that you have to tight of a head space.

The earliest revision Foster has of this 19° SAAMI print is dated 4/21/1980.

You have to call Forster directly for the 20 degree gauges.

Order numbers for the older 20 48 gauges are: GO Gauge: HG8mmoldG , NO-GO: HG8mmoldN , FIELD: HG8mmoldF

Read the link, it's more detailed.

Just passing on info that in my old age I'm learning.
Rich

jbaum
Administrator
Administrator

Re: 8mm x 57 Mauser Headspace Gage Variations & Measurements

Postby jbaum » Fri Jan 13, 2017 3:33 pm

Just when you think your ship is coming in, somebody moves the pier.

Thanks for the info.
John@German<remove this>Manuals.com

http://www.GermanManuals.com

Return to “MG34 General Discussion”