My MG-34 receiver

Anything MG34 related.
mpdphil
Friendly New Guy
Friendly New Guy
Anti-spam: Mg42

My MG-34 receiver

Post by mpdphil »

I bought this receiver off of gunbroker: http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... =494626300
I realize the pics and description aren't the best, but decided to gamble. I received it and my parts kit actuallly fits quite nice on it. Seems to be a quality receiver. My question is, has anyone heard of these receivers supposedly made by "Tool Grinding"? I figure at worst it's a decent price for a dummy receiver. Thanks for any info!
anjongni
Oberstleutnant
Oberstleutnant
Anti-spam: Mg42

Re: My MG-34 receiver

Post by anjongni »

Hi mpdPhil,
I was hoping that someone here would pick up on this beauty. It is quite far along for being a partially finished receiver.
Bob at Philadelphia Ordnance ("Recon Bob") might know the origin of this, as he made many MG34 receivers in past years.
I don't recall that any of his had the centre slot milled yet, though they would perform that step for their Class-3 customers.
TNW offered their partially finished receiver that needed the cams and pin installed too, but it was an FFL item. Theirs are identifiable because the slot is "broached", as was the original, obviating the need for the access hole in the top rear. The Germans appeared to have mastered the operation...TNW, less so.
I like how yours is done.
If you haven't done it yet, TNW welded my pin for me. Bob at P/O would probably do a nice job for you also. The instructions to install the cams and convert your parts to semi are all on the site here for your enjoyment. Write with questions, Good luck!...Phil
Abominog
Major
Major

Re: My MG-34 receiver

Post by Abominog »

My buddy picked up one at KCR. That specimen was way out of spec and required a lot of work. The stock buffer where it screws in wouldn't both because the threads were too far forward and out of alignment. The cams need to be mounted, which is a job. I forgot what else was wrong with it, but enough that we abandoned any thoughts of building a semi. Even as a dummy it's a lot of work.
FNG