My preMay MG34

Anything MG34 related.
michaelkih
Offizieranwärter
Offizieranwärter
Anti-spam: Mg42

My preMay MG34

Post by michaelkih »

This thing is awesome. The rate of fire is very fast, but not retarded fast like the MG42. It's my matching pre May MG34. It was barely shot by the previous owner, but for some reason they felt the need to leave it with the bolt locked back for years while not using it, so the recoil spring was majorly worn out. Besides that, it's in very good shape for a gun that is 70 years old.

I went ahead and picked up some simple spare parts for it to swap out. Installed a new recoil spring which was about 3 inches longer than the one in this gun! I also bought a new sear spring and a barrel return spring. I've read these things are good to replace, but does anyone have any actual instructions on how to change them out? I have the Collector MG34 MG42 book, but I could not find it in that. Any help is appreciated! The gun was running fine as is, but springs are always good to replace after 70 years.

Now I'm on the hunt for a proper MG34 lafette mount for it if any of you have any tips. Damn the mounts are expensive! Almost as much as the gun! Not sure if I can swallow that. I'd also like a proper MG42 mount as well for my C&R MG42 if you have any tips as well.

Video to come.....

I hope you enjoy the pictures, and thanks for reading.

42rocker
Administrator
Administrator
Anti-spam: Mg42

Re: My preMay MG34

Post by 42rocker »

Everyone note the right side of the pic is cut off. If you want to see the full pic. Right click on pic and scroll down and click "view image" and you will go to photo bucket and be able to see the full pic.

Nice MG34 wish that it was mine. Enjoy it. Thanks for sharing the pics.

Later 42rocker