Tasche mit Trommelhalter/Zufuhrertasche

Anything MG34 related.
timarmitage
Oberfeldwebel
Oberfeldwebel
Anti-spam: Mg42

Tasche mit Trommelhalter/Zufuhrertasche

Post by timarmitage »

I have in my collection an item which I have photographed and will send shortly.

I would value views as to if this is a Tasche mit Trommelhalter/Zufuhrertasche or just a leather box which just is the right size.
I spotted this on a website, it was just advertised as German leather case, use unknown and the cost was less than the postage so I bought it on a hunch. The leather case takes the second model Deckel mit trommelhaler and the usual feed cover equally well and the marks on the leather correspond to both. There are very faint Waffenamt marks in a scored box in the leather, too faint for the camera to pick up.
My question is this, could this be another carrier for the double drum or is it just a German leather box which by chance just happens to be able to take both feed covers? I would value you input. I just hope that these will go as I have adjusted the camera, I think and hope. Tim R Armitage.
Attachments
Empty
Empty
Ordinary cover
Ordinary cover
Double drum cover
Double drum cover
Back
Back
Front
Front
Folke
Feldwebel
Feldwebel

Re: Tasche mit Trommelhalter/Zufuhrertasche

Post by Folke »

Thats not the pouch for the top covers. The correct pouch is shown in good pictures, both original shots and an example of the pouch in my second book on German Machineguns.
timarmitage
Oberfeldwebel
Oberfeldwebel

Post by timarmitage »

Hi Folke I see the one on page 537 this as a Weimar Eagle on it, what I was wondering was could there be later versions of it in the Nazi period?
Folke
Feldwebel
Feldwebel

Post by Folke »

The pouch you have is in brown leather, which was not normally used by the Germans for this type of pouch. It appears to be unmarked, so the claim to be nazi era is a bit far fetched, as it could be made by anyone for anything. Last, it bears no real resemblance to the pouch that is actually identified as the correct one. I see that you have put the top cover for belt feed into the pouch, but will you be able to get the feed tray in there as well?

Its not the correct pouch, sorry.
timarmitage
Oberfeldwebel
Oberfeldwebel

Post by timarmitage »

Hi Folke, yes the feed tray when mounted on the cover goes in fine, which made me wonder. Thanks Tim
Pug42
Hauptmann
Hauptmann

Post by Pug42 »

Brown leather is more indicative of Cavalry items, in the immediate prewar years? So many things could potentially fit in a shape like that...
David

Stimme aus dem sumpf
timarmitage
Oberfeldwebel
Oberfeldwebel

Post by timarmitage »

Thanks for that Tim