Hey all!! How you been?

Anything MG34 related.
helix60
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Hey all!! How you been?

Post by helix60 »

As titled. Been away from here awhile, and thought I would stop in and say hello. Anybody making any progress on their 34's?

Regards,
Heli
Regards,
Heli

BTW If you are going to shorten Helix60 It's Heli NOT Helix.
42rocker
Administrator
Administrator
Anti-spam: Mg42

Re: Hey all!! How you been?

Post by 42rocker »

Welcome back. Myself I bought a mg34 mountain lafette, which made me buy a dummy receiver from brp so I could put my parts kit together to at least sit in the lafette. Also picked up a couple of cut up mg34 receivers at the last creek. Now thinking about building that reweld jig and trying to do a mg34 receiver reweld and going from there.

As the man asked anyone else doing anything new with mg34's? Next.

Welcome back again.

Later 42rocker
www.Prussia.us
General
General

Post by www.Prussia.us »

Holy Smokes Heli,

Thought you ran off with the Gypsies, no seriously I hope things are doing better with you.

I am not going to talk all tough, my first '34 re-weld looked like a Bavraian pretzel, the second looked worse than Conrad Murphy's work, then I got smart. Between the nature of the ductile iron, trying to be cheap w/ filler parts, and not being the best tigger, I got it worked out-that is I outsourced it to Stan, and never looked back 8) :lol:

Ironic I remember grubbing around for $450-$600 3-cut receiver sets when '34 kits were $499-$699, now '34 kits are over $1K and the IMA 2-cut receivers are less than $300, but good luck getting TNW to sell you the semi-grip conversions.

Any new and cool projects on your end?
“… corporations have been enthroned, and an era of corruption in high places will follow, … until all wealth is aggregated in a few hands and the Republic is destroyed.”

- Abraham Lincoln (Republican), Nov. 21, 1864
anjongni
Oberstleutnant
Oberstleutnant

Post by anjongni »

http://www.gunauction.com/buy/11748852/ ... ersion-kitThis is the TNW kit if anyone could use it....Phil
DARIVS ARCHITECTVS
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by DARIVS ARCHITECTVS »

Dood! Welcome back!
DARIVS ARCHITECTVS
Knight's Armoury