r eceiver

Anything MG34 related.
2receivers
Oberfeldwebel
Oberfeldwebel

r eceiver

Post by 2receivers »

Hello---------would I have to have a 2 piece saw cut 34 receiver sent to an FFL or my home ?? It's over seas right now---------------guys on GB=========thank you
K98dkmauser
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann
Anti-spam: Mg42

Re: r eceiver

Post by K98dkmauser »

I think you can have it sent to you
42rocker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by 42rocker »

Key words --- It's over seas right now ----

I think that you need to get this check out like asap. You might be able to get away with it shipped to you personal, then again it might come with free room and board due to 2 cut and not the current torch cut. Importing it in, key words. Might be scrap metal might not be?
I don't think that an FFL dealer would take it. It does not have a "current serial" number to record, right.

Good Luck on this. Should be interesting to hear how it works out.

Later 42rocker
JBaum
Administrator
Administrator

Post by JBaum »

This is a no-brainer.

Receivers have to be torch cut to be destroyed. Cutting with a saw does not destroy the recevier. Therefore it is still a receiver in ATF's view.

See: http://www.atf.gov/firearms/guides/impo ... ction.html

I wouldn't import a machinegun receiver myself, but it's up to you to decide how much you like the color jail green.
John@German<remove this>Manuals.com

http://www.GermanManuals.com
www.Prussia.us
General
General

Post by www.Prussia.us »

jbaum wrote:This is a no-brainer.

Receivers have to be torch cut to be destroyed. Cutting with a saw does not destroy the recevier. Therefore it is still a receiver in ATF's view.

See: http://www.atf.gov/firearms/guides/impo ... ction.html

I wouldn't import a machinegun receiver myself, but it's up to you to decide how much you like the color jail green.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Jbaum, always there with the humor not enough of that humor on here w/o BIL these days.

Look "2Receivers" there are reasons importers pay big fees to import this stuff, we all appreciate your passion but this is NOT a hobby to assume anything. What may seem logical is irrelevant. I suggest posting some WTB ads on this forum and others, contact http://www.ProjectGuns.com see if they have any '34 receiver parts left (a long shot), pay a little more and buy domestic.
“… corporations have been enthroned, and an era of corruption in high places will follow, … until all wealth is aggregated in a few hands and the Republic is destroyed.”

- Abraham Lincoln (Republican), Nov. 21, 1864
Bradrock
Hauptgefreiter
Hauptgefreiter

Post by Bradrock »

A word of advice;
When you get to your new home.....Don't bend over to pick up the soap...
" Save A Tree....Eat A Beaver"
K98dkmauser
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Post by K98dkmauser »

i found you a two cut receiver at ima and a three cut on gunbroker

gunbroker item number is 323173132
2receivers
Oberfeldwebel
Oberfeldwebel

Post by 2receivers »

Thanks to all who replied.I just wanted to make sure and not make a mistake.and do something that's not right
rgus48
Oberleutnant
Oberleutnant

Post by rgus48 »

I bought a saw cut receiver on GB. The owner had it in this country and works for the US Military. He took it with him when he deployed so he could ship it out when it sold. It sold, I bought it, and he did ship it back through the Armed Forces Postal System. Or at lease he tried, it was intercepted by US Customs, turned over to the BATF who advised me it had been improperly demilled and moved to have a hearing to have it seized and destroyed. The seller returned my money so he was the big loser in this. There was a guy on EPay selling saw cut receiver pieces. You buy one and for a few hundred buck more he would send you the other pieces seperatly at different times. I believe he was cought and now faces legal procution in his own country.
Bottom line don't do it.
43 M3A1, 42 CCKW 129,XXX, 43 GPW 146954, 43 WC54 81635383, 43 WC54 81665843, 45 WC52 818682 "MO', 43 WC63 82009972 "BIG MO", 44 GTBA NAVY CARGO 218299, 43 PE95, 44 Checker K52 Trailer,42 MBT 375, 44 Coverto Trailer 886475
2receivers
Oberfeldwebel
Oberfeldwebel

Post by 2receivers »

Thank you rgus48-that information was vital for all to see/read