Value Question

Anything MG34 related.
michaelangelo
Stabsunteroffizier
Stabsunteroffizier

Value Question

Post by michaelangelo »

Hello,

I have been collecting parts and getting parts made for two MG34/41's for going on six years. I am nearly done. One will probably become a dealer sample and the other will become either a dummy gun or a semi-auto. Which one would have more value to a buyer? This is new territory for me.

Michaelangelo
42rocker
Administrator
Administrator
Anti-spam: Mg42

Re: Value Question

Post by 42rocker »

nearly done, well you have been working on this project hard for a while now. Congrats on getting to the end to even think about this question. I just bought a dummy mg34 receiver knowning that with very little work I can change it back into a working mg34. Change out of receiver.
That said to yours I would hate to see you make it into a permanent dummy. I would try to offer in any other way as you know how rare the parts are.

Later 42rocker
www.Prussia.us
General
General

Post by www.Prussia.us »

I agree w/ 42Rocker, Congrats on your efforts.

That said, when looking for value it depends on the buyer. There are far more buyers that can pay the price for a dummy, than that for a semi. I do not think Centerfire has moved too many TNW semi's recently, granted yours is different but it is a smaller market than a dummy. However if the receiver can easily be made a semi, then take the chance and get a better return on your money. It would be a shame to dummy the receiver, but you do what you have to do.
“… corporations have been enthroned, and an era of corruption in high places will follow, … until all wealth is aggregated in a few hands and the Republic is destroyed.”

- Abraham Lincoln (Republican), Nov. 21, 1864
michaelangelo
Stabsunteroffizier
Stabsunteroffizier

Post by michaelangelo »

Hello,

It will look a little better than this when it is done.

Michaelangelo
MG3441 Parts 005.jpg
Blanksguy
General
General

Post by Blanksguy »

Knowing the parts-sets that I sold you a few years ago......then looking at "today's" market (not 5-6 years ago, nor what the future could bring) my thoughts are:
1: You may be able to sell the Dealer-Sample at about $5k-$6k.......but it's a very limited market, and will probably sit on the market for a year (or more.).
Basing this on sales of C&R Transferable MG34s (I had to take a price-hit on the sale of my C&R MG34 a few years ago, and TNW semi-only sales where the market may be stationary at this point due to lack of "Hobby-Funds" availability.

2: The semi-only model will probably have a same effect on the market.......you can only pull the trigger so fast, and then guys look at a registered FA MG34.
Add about $1,000 to the price of a semi-only TNW SA34 for it being an MG34S or MG34/41 (but semi-only........and this many/may not cover the costs of making the semi-only receiver.....(?). The other "down-side" is that some of the parts such as the bolt will have to be "cut" to make into a semi-only bolt....this brings down their collector-value.

3: Your MG34/41 Lafette will play into the sale(s) somewhere along the line........there were far fewer of them made than standard MG34 Lafettes. The problem here is that I looked into the possibility of using (or making the trigger-parts) an MG42 trigger-assembly from a Yugo-Lafette.....very similar as far as looks and could be modified.

Challanges (Problems) that you will face are available funds on your end to make the required parts/assemblies........challanges on the other end will be available funds for the buyers.

Another "option" is to sell-back the Parts-Sets, Spare-Parts, newly made parts, Lafette, to me (adding in a slight "premium" for doing some of the work/searching that I didn't get a chance to do)...(?)
My contact for your offer is :
Blanksguy2001@chartermi.net.

Regards, RichardS in MI.
US Army, Retired
Blanksguy2001@chartermi.net
michaelangelo
Stabsunteroffizier
Stabsunteroffizier

Post by michaelangelo »

Richard,

Thank you for your thoughts. You have a great day. I have a Class 2 maufacturer lined up. I will film when I shoot it and post it so you can see it.

MIchaelangelo
42rocker
Administrator
Administrator
Anti-spam: Mg42

Post by 42rocker »

Something else to think about with the amount of work that you have done collect those parts.
Please look at a pic that I just took of my new MG34 setup. It has a dummy receiver. Which given about 1 minute I can switch out and make into a semi or (lots of money) Full Auto. Just changing the receiver.
I'm hoping to follow the pirate lead and re-weld a semi later but for now.

Later 42rocker
175b.jpg
206a.jpg