Where to get roll pins????

Anything MG34 related.
tomcatshaas
General
General

Re: Where to get roll pins????

Post by tomcatshaas »

ScottD wrote:
DARIVS ARCHITECTVS wrote:NY residents: MOVE. Go somewhere RATIONAL.

Send me an MG-34 pin and I'll copy it for you. Simple jobs are fun jobs
I may take you up on that when I get a little closer to putting this gun all back together. Now stop telling me to move somewhere rational. I cant just pick up and move! Besides, Syracuse is a great town. Come for the weather, stay for the taxes. (You do of course pick up on my sarcastic undertones..... :? )
I just checked and there is 3 fastenal stores in Syracuse! That's your homebuild supply store! :mrgreen:

You don't need to be a business. Chances are your company that you already work for has an account there already. Just tell them you are going to do cash only. Fastenal always works with me.
Bil
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by Bil »

Or just be a business,with cash only.I do that all the time in wholesale shops when I am traveling. ---bil
"I dream of a world where I can buy alcohol,tobacco and firearms from the same drive-up window,and use them all on the way home from work!" Dogbert
Artie in Miami

Post by Artie in Miami »

"For those of you that need the WW2 type German pins...all you need to own is a vise, hacksaw and a drill to make them. Of course a drill press with a vise on the table would be best...but you can even do it with a dremel if you have a steady hand and patience. Do a google search for "metric bar stock" (yes, the pins are metric) buy the correct diameter material, cut it with hacksaw to the correct length and then put piece in vise and hollow out both ends just like the originals. The only trick is finding the metric bar stock...there are lots of sources here in the usa for that. I bought several differant diameters bar stock, as I noticed that the mp40 and several other german ww2 weapons have the same type pins in them.

I believe the ends are hollowed out to allow them to "mushroom" when installed (ends bulge out to keep the pins from falling out). Some clever machinist could make the complete set of pins for the mg34, blue them and sell the set on gunbroker. Everyone would want at least one spare set...when you take the originals out of a gun (after 60+ years) they usually get ruined.

artie in miami
Artie in Miami

ps (on pin making)

Post by Artie in Miami »

ps if you don't have a shop vise...you could put the bar stock in a vise grip and clamp it to the workbench...then dremel or drill out the ends.

artie