TNW MG-34 fail to fire

Anything MG34 related.
m2ball

TNW MG-34 fail to fire

Post by m2ball »

I have a TNW MG-34 that up until now ran fine. Now i run a belt through it, and the next belt will not fire due to the fact the trigger does not go back all the wey. I looked at the flipper thing that pushes the sear as well as the bar it's attached to and no problems. I replaced the sear and sear ring, and stil the same issue. Has anyone come across this? Please let me know.

Thanks for your help.
ScottD
Major
Major

Re: TNW MG-34 fail to fire

Post by ScottD »

Couple of assumptions here. 1)Its a semi. 2) you mean it is no longer going bang, not that it wont feed a second belt after a first belt is finished???......

Explain 'trigger will not go back all the way'...if the trigger will not travel fully rearward, it will not fully engage the trigger bar, which means it wont go bang. Pull your pistol grip off and see whats stopping the trigger from full rearward movement. (assuming thats what you meant)

If the trigger goes all the way back, then you gave a trigger bar/sear engagement issue. This can be a real PITA and Im still working the bugs out of mine. Dont want to tell you the jimmy rigging Ive done here......
My soultion for everything "Get a bigger hammer or larger caliber!"
m2ball

Post by m2ball »

ScottD
The round will still feed from the belt but it will not go bang because the trigger will not move far enough back to release the sear. I did take the grip off and cleaned the trigger group. It would run a belt and then the same thing would happen. It feeds and ejects fine. The problem is the trigger group and/or sear and sear ring engagement. I will talk to Lance at TNW to see if he knows any antidote. I have put about 4,000 rounds through it.

Thanks for the reply.
JBaum
Administrator
Administrator
Anti-spam: Mg42

Post by JBaum »

Could it be that the trigger won't pull back far enough to fire because the bolt didn't go back far enough to properly cock it? Having it work on one belt and not the next makes no sense.... but then you knew that. :)
John@German<remove this>Manuals.com

http://www.GermanManuals.com