Holy shiznizzle, it all fits and works!!!

Anything MG34 related.
ScottD
Major
Major

Holy shiznizzle, it all fits and works!!!

Post by ScottD »

My receiver welding is done. Due to the general condition of my kit (yucky), I opted to have a friend TIG it up using a borrowed jig. (Thanks Bill!) He did it for free, I figured worst case it would be a display gun. Lemme tell you something...I had the top cover, feed tray, charging handle, bolt and carrier ALL sliding smoothly in less than 3 hours. Im amazed. Ill be calling TNW this week for the semi trigger parts. So Ive got two questions...

1) Is TNW the only available trigger/bolt mod option?

2) Kinda silly.......how do I blue the stainless steel welds? Oxphoblue wouldnt even touch the fill welds.....
My soultion for everything "Get a bigger hammer or larger caliber!"
JBaum
Administrator
Administrator
Anti-spam: Mg42

Re: Holy shiznizzle, it all fits and works!!!

Post by JBaum »

I didn't know you could blue stainless steel........
John@German<remove this>Manuals.com

http://www.GermanManuals.com
rocco1911

Post by rocco1911 »

jbaum wrote:I didn't know you could blue stainless steel........

You cant!!!! Why would you use stainless ??? :shock:
ScottD
Major
Major

Post by ScottD »

Mild SS rod, per Pirates tutorial.

Look, I dont wanna sound punchy but Ive been trying to get answers about the TNW trigger forever now. Are there other options? How does the TNW work? Ive looked at all the pics but I just cant see how a sear/trip works with it. Im going to call them today and order.
geladen

Post by geladen »

use gunkote, spray it on, bake it, it will look like a parkerized finish. very durable stuff.
ScottD
Major
Major

Post by ScottD »

Gawd! I just ordered the trigger. 285 dollars! This thing better be made of gold!
Bil
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by Bil »

What about your bolt mods? Are you doing your own,or getting the TNW one? The trigger mods are revatively simple,I am surprised that it costs so much. ---bil
"I dream of a world where I can buy alcohol,tobacco and firearms from the same drive-up window,and use them all on the way home from work!" Dogbert
ScottD
Major
Major

Post by ScottD »

Ill be doing the bolt mods myself or trying to find local shop to do them. Machine shops around here SUCK and they charge an arm and a leg. It seems the first words out of their mouth is always 'bout a hundred bucks, maybe more........'

I sent the jig back today, thanks again.
rocco1911

Post by rocco1911 »

Nice bil your getting your jig back ya know what that means .... Time for another one you know ya want one more.... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Bil
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by Bil »

That is great-glad to be of help.The only problem is-the jig will be home,but I am not!I have a few of these to do,and will have to start on one of these projects when I get near them again! ---bil
"I dream of a world where I can buy alcohol,tobacco and firearms from the same drive-up window,and use them all on the way home from work!" Dogbert
ScottD
Major
Major

Post by ScottD »

TNW called me back. The girl who took the order messed up an quoted me on an an assembled pistol grip. The semi mod kit is still 180 bucks. (they did want over 250 bucks to machine my bolt for me, I told them I would try and farm it out locally......)

So, I took my bolt apart last night. Any easy way to get those rollers back on? :oops:
Bil
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by Bil »

I still can't do a link,but use search-mg34 bolt rollers- the info is right on the first page! ---bil
geladen

Post by geladen »

Was that $180 for the semi parts on the bolt and trigger?
ScottD
Major
Major

Post by ScottD »

180 for their 'small parts kit' which allow you to do the semi conversion. Trigger gate, sear, spring, etc.

Did a search on 'mg34 bolt rollers', all there was info on was disassembly, nothing about putting them back on. I know its just the opposite but those spring clips dont wanna compress inwards.