Tnw Mg34 is it worth the cost?

Anything MG34 related.
Akira

Tnw Mg34 is it worth the cost?

Post by Akira »

Alright everyone,I've read through most of the threads on the Tnw Mg34.And have wanted one for some time but after reading everthing I got to just ask is it worth it?Would love to hear from anyone who has one or a opinion of them good or bad.
biochembri
Unteroffizieranwärter
Unteroffizieranwärter

Re: Tnw Mg34 is it worth the cost?

Post by biochembri »

My opinion is the TNW semi-auto mg34 system that I purchased is seriously flawed. I sent it to TNW for repair and they could not (or would not) fix the gun! Perhaps there are some that function well but from my experience, I seriously regret the purchase. I have spoken to two other owners that have the same problem. My gun has the gouges in the bolt rail, the bolt does not easily move through the receiver. I think the time and cost to fix that is why TNW decided to let it sit on there shelf for 6 months and waited for me to call them to find out what happened!

Brian Abela
www.Prussia.us
General
General

Post by www.Prussia.us »

I do not own a TNW but have heard enough grief from those that do to suggest you go to:
http://www.ProjectGuns.com

Once there contact "Pirate" and see if he plans on selling some more completed '34s. He is an expert craftsman and and his qaulity control is outstanding, it may even cost you a little less....
“… corporations have been enthroned, and an era of corruption in high places will follow, … until all wealth is aggregated in a few hands and the Republic is destroyed.”

- Abraham Lincoln (Republican), Nov. 21, 1864
noonxnoon

Post by noonxnoon »

Bio,

TNW wouldn't fix it or not fix it for free?

Was it out of warrentee?

I had heard a few good reports on the TNW 34...looks great and I thought more 'true' to the real 34 then say the 53 to the 42.

So what is the status of your TNW 34?
biochembri
Unteroffizieranwärter
Unteroffizieranwärter

Post by biochembri »

I purchased the semi-auto mg34 approximately 3 years ago from the previous owner out of Atlanta I think it was. It never worked correctly to begin with as the original owner did not want to spend the time to get it to work reliably. It was out of warranty when I received it (they only offer 1 year). I spent the 3 years trying to fine tune it to get it to run reliably. It would run about 50 rounds and then it would jam with single shots, I only ever blank fired it. After three years of frustration I called TNW, I was told by the owner of the company he would have Lance look at it to repair it. I sent them the components with blanks and told them very clearly I was willing to PAY to have it fixed. I called to check on the status after 6 months knowing they are busy. When i asked them the status they didnt know who I was despite a detailed letter, a phone message and an email previously that week. Now what, I dont know. More info on this sad story, you can email me.

Brian Abela
biochembri@yahoo.com
Bil
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by Bil »

That just ain't right! I would think with the limited market,they wouldn't want to get a bad reputation.Although that doesn't seem to register with some folks.Good luck on getting it to work.I haven't gone through your old posts,have you checked with Richard/Blanksguy? ---bil
"I dream of a world where I can buy alcohol,tobacco and firearms from the same drive-up window,and use them all on the way home from work!" Dogbert
ScottD
Major
Major

Post by ScottD »

biochembri wrote: It would run about 50 rounds and then it would jam with single shots, I only ever blank fired it.
Brian......blanks may be your problem. You will NEVER find a weapon that runs perfectly on blanks. I have fired thousands of blanks from M2's, M60's M240's, M249's, and M16's and you can always expect some problems. If you were getting 50 rounds flawless and then single rounds, the problem is with the blank firing adapter/system, not the firearm. Blanks are a whole different creature. Did you ever get your gun back?
My soultion for everything "Get a bigger hammer or larger caliber!"
Akira

Post by Akira »

I would like to thank everyone on their imput on this thead,after reading your replies I think I might look elsewhere for my Mg34.Will keep checking for more post but I think the question has been awnsered,but if you have something to add Ifeel free I want as much info as possible even if it is bad.

Biochembri will be sending you a Email for the rest of the horror story. :shock:

Prussia thanks for the link to project guns sighned up earlier. :D
biochembri
Unteroffizieranwärter
Unteroffizieranwärter

Post by biochembri »

I hope that nobody decides on a purchase based on only one opinion. It is not my intent to persaude you to purchase or not. My purpose was to provide you with one perspective on the TNW mg. On a positive note the TNW mg34 is a beautiful piece, my complaint is that I was hoping to have it actually function. I have asked for help from forum members and they have been very generous. I hope others will chime in on this topic perhaps with a different view point. It has been stated on this website that the trigger pull on the TNW mg34 is bad, I can attest to that as well. It really is not that fun to shoot with regard to trigger pull.

As to blank firing, I realize blanks can be problemmatic. However, I do believe the issue is with the gun itself, as the bolt does not move down the rails without sticking severely, usually stopping midway. Having viewed pictures from other forum members of TNW mg34 with gouges in the bolt rails I believe during the manufacturing process the cut was incorrect. This has resulted in faulty receiver. I have seen other firearms function flawlessly with blanks using Swansons.
Brian Abela
Akira

Post by Akira »

Biochembri it's more than just your opinion that is coloring my thought on this subject.I've read thread after thread on the problems with the Tnw Mg34 and only afew positive remarks on the rifle.I am of the opinion like you that it should function properly and not just be a good looking wall hanger,I will admit that it is a very good looking weapon and that is one of the reasons that drew me to it but I want some thing that I can shoot with out the worry of malfunction.For the price I personaly believe that you shouldn't have to worry about malfunctions or anyother problems.If it was just the trigger pull that would be one thing but everything else on top of that,well thats another matter all together.And I still haven't heard much in the way of praise on the weapon other than it looks good.
ScottD
Major
Major

Post by ScottD »

Isnt TNW still the only game in town for the semi auto trigger conversion parts?
My soultion for everything "Get a bigger hammer or larger caliber!"
ppsh41
Oberfeldwebel
Oberfeldwebel

Post by ppsh41 »

I got one about 8 years ago and have never had a problem after thousands of rounds . I think it is worth every penny.
rocco1911

Post by rocco1911 »

ppsh41 wrote:I got one about 8 years ago and have never had a problem after thousands of rounds . I think it is worth every penny.

What dont you have ??? Hi there buddy :mrgreen:
ppsh41
Oberfeldwebel
Oberfeldwebel

Post by ppsh41 »

8)