MG34 pricing?

Anything MG34 related.
Javi

MG34 pricing?

Post by Javi »

hi all,

what is the actual estimated price for an MG34 in normal/good condition? some sellers ask me 1400€ for one, but i don´t know if its cheap or expensive. :( :(
i have been looking on the web but there are a lot of prices.
thanks.
www.Prussia.us
General
General

Re: MG34 pricing?

Post by www.Prussia.us »

That really is a loaded question, you first have to make sure you are comporting with the laws of your country and the laws of where it may be shipped through. You are in Europe, yes?
“… corporations have been enthroned, and an era of corruption in high places will follow, … until all wealth is aggregated in a few hands and the Republic is destroyed.”

- Abraham Lincoln (Republican), Nov. 21, 1864
ScottD
Major
Major

Post by ScottD »

Javi, its kinda tough to compare this to US prices because out demill/dewat laws are so different. A dummy gun on a dummy receiver here in the states will fetch about $1300. The ones you are looking at are on the very high end of quality, are very nicely marked and of course have the the original receiver. IF something was for sale here in the US I would assume it would get around 2500 dollars, possibly more. Again, I cant really give a good estimate because something like that just cant be sold here.

Are there any other auction sites or gun dealers around you that you can research?
My soultion for everything "Get a bigger hammer or larger caliber!"
rocco1911

Post by rocco1911 »

excellent answer Scott Its impossible to answer that question as these are considered impossible to obtain here in the condition you obtain them over there if it was here it would be a dewatt & worth a fortune if papered & in the registry this would have to be answered buy a collector in Europe
Bil
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by Bil »

As Scott said,these look to be of the top quality-we cannot get these here as a demilled model.I personally would look at some of the other offerings,and get the best you can reasonably afford.Also I would not linger,he who hesitates is lost! ---bil
"I dream of a world where I can buy alcohol,tobacco and firearms from the same drive-up window,and use them all on the way home from work!" Dogbert
Javi

Post by Javi »

thanks for your replies,

i was looking for a one and the seller asked 1100€ and was an excellent price,but has a UK demill and i couldn´t remove the Flash Suppressor and the cannon, so i think this would down the price a lot.
i have been talking with longhorn109 and he said in UK there are much cheap than in the European continent.
I´m from Spain, some years ago a gun like these were for 1200€ but I´m talking about 10 years ago.
longhorn109 said me 1400€ could be a correct price in EU.
the gun I´m looking to buy have near all the matching numbers and French deact.its posted here,its the first MG

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=8515

the seller gives me the gun with a gift of a period ammo box with ammunition.
here in EU a empty ammo box could be from 50€ to 75€ i think, and no idea about the ammo round price.

I have been looking prices on WAF forum but there are no much MGs listed, and the expensive MGs were with a AA tripod or something like that.
longhorn109
Oberstleutnant
Oberstleutnant

Post by longhorn109 »

just remembered about this site. http://www.militaryantiqueshop.com/index.php?cat=i they have an mg34 for 2000euros and it has post war aluminium grips. So makes yours look a good price.
The only thing that helps me maintain my slender grip on reality is the friendship I share with my collection of singing potatoes.
Javi

Post by Javi »

thank you!

:bnija: yeah, "mine" is in better condition, longhorn109 have you received my email?
ScottD
Major
Major

Post by ScottD »

Javi, I dont know about Spain, but here in the US, nice parts kits are all but gone. Any one of us would jump on an opportunity to own a display gun like that. I paid $750 for my parts kit and I didnt find out until after I received it that it was all pitted and rusted. The guns you are looking at are worth every penny. (Or Euro.. :D

Are you allowed to own machine guns in your country? Can you convert a dewat if you wanted to (back into a functioning gun?)
My soultion for everything "Get a bigger hammer or larger caliber!"
Javi

Post by Javi »

yes, here in Spain can own machine guns, a friend of mine have a lot of guns and machine guns.some shooting and other demill.
but here with a license you can fire with machine guns, in the correct places of course.

no idea about the back in functioning gun but i think yes, this friend was thinking to buy a MG34 cannon but without holes.... gungun