MG34 opinions please

Anything MG34 related.
Javi

MG34 opinions please

Post by Javi »

hi,

I´m new on this forum and new on MG world. I´m thinking to buy this MG34 but i have doubts, the seller asking 1150€ for it, it have some russian numbers as the seller said.
what are these numbers? the "hand made" numbers? is the 7341 the original serial number? it have some schratches above.(i don´t know the technic name :oops: )
thank you in advance.
Javi.

flemgunner
Brigadegeneral
Brigadegeneral

Re: MG34 opinions please

Post by flemgunner »

That is a beautiful gun man
ScottD
Major
Major

Post by ScottD »

Those numbers are called 'forced matches'. When the weapon went thru an arsenal rebuild, all the parts were either replaced or rebuilt. The gun was considered 'new' again and it was re-numbered. The electric pencil was common practice to re number after an arsenal rebuild. (especially by the Russians) That weapon is in wonderful shape, you should not hesistate to buy it.
My soultion for everything "Get a bigger hammer or larger caliber!"
Javi

Post by Javi »

than kyou very much for your replies, is 1150 a good price for the condition of the MG? i have no much idea about range price, the scratches above makes me a little to doubt about buy it.
ScottD
Major
Major

Post by ScottD »

Is that a live weapon or deactivated? If it is live, and you can legally own it, BUY IT! The scratches are where the original serial numbers or stamps were ground off. Buy it buy it but it!!!
Bil
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by Bil »

If you are worried about the topcover scratches,you can always get another cover in better shape,or perhaps even work on this one to make it kook better.I don't think I have seen so many WaffenAmpts on one gun as this! ---bil
"I dream of a world where I can buy alcohol,tobacco and firearms from the same drive-up window,and use them all on the way home from work!" Dogbert
Javi

Post by Javi »

hahahahaha, thank you, this gun is deactivated. all of you have animed me to buy it, I´m 90% convinced to buy it. now i need a nice ammo barrel :mrgreen:
Javi

Post by Javi »

hi again, more pics of the deactivation, opinions please i have only 2 days to decide, because this MG is in Valencia (spain) but the seller gives me the oportunity to go to madrid and buy there personally.

Javi

Post by Javi »

forgot to say the deactivation was made in UK.
flemgunner
Brigadegeneral
Brigadegeneral

Post by flemgunner »

If I was you and had the money id buy it in a heartbeat.... but the MG34 is my favorite weapon bar none
railsplitter

Post by railsplitter »

Beware different countries have diffrent laws :shock: - a British Deac is NOT legal in the US.
ScottD
Major
Major

Post by ScottD »

Here in the States a gun marked that nicely would go for over 2 grand, and thats as a demilled parts kit. In that condition, with the 'European' demill, the gun is well worth the price. If you have the money, dont hesitate....buy it.
Javi

Post by Javi »

the seller reduced the price, and gives me for 1100 euro :D :D
rocco1911

Post by rocco1911 »

I would lovev to have that Stock :?
ScottD
Major
Major

Post by ScottD »

Javi wrote:the seller reduced the price, and gives me for 1100 euro :D :D
Seriously, your killing all of us. We are very jealous.
longhorn109
Oberstleutnant
Oberstleutnant

Post by longhorn109 »

That is a really nicely marked up MG34 you have there. Don't worry about the top cover, do what I did and get another one, http://www.egun.de is a good place to look. Nice stock very similar to the new one I got for mine. My one had a crack half way around it so I bought a new one on ebay. The metal work on the new one was scrap but I swoped the metal work and it looks great now.
Attachments
IMG_5771.JPG
The only thing that helps me maintain my slender grip on reality is the friendship I share with my collection of singing potatoes.
ScottD
Major
Major

Post by ScottD »

So Im interested in your other deactiviated guns and collections. Here in the US the guns must be cut in several places and destroyed before we can rebuild them. Your method of demil is much nicer for a demo weaopon. You are welcome to come to my house and shoot my MG42 but you will need to bring me some of those parts. :D