Where did all the front sections go?

Anything MG34 related.
ScottD
Major
Major

Where did all the front sections go?

Post by ScottD »

Ive got two IMA receiver 'rear' sections now. My front section from my kit is pretty bad and Ive been looking for one to replace it......so where the heck did they go? IMA has how many hundreds of rears for sale? Front sections are going for excess of 300 bucks right now......who is sitting on these things? I need one for my build but Im not paying that kind of scratch.
My soultion for everything "Get a bigger hammer or larger caliber!"
JBaum
Administrator
Administrator
Anti-spam: Mg42

Re: Where did all the front sections go?

Post by JBaum »

12 years ago, IMA sold only the front halves of the receivers with their parts kits. No rear receiver pieces were included. Now they've dug up the rear parts, and the fronts are long gone (or socked away).

I have one of the front pieces from IMA years ago. It was cut with a band saw just to the rear of the cam piece (which is still mounted). The entire front half is in one piece. I bought the rear torch cut 3 pieces months ago so that I have enough to put one together - someday. :)

Maybe 7 years ago, a full front section sold on Gunbroker for $1,200. It's all just a little crazy to me. :shock:
John@German<remove this>Manuals.com

http://www.GermanManuals.com
ScottD
Major
Major

Post by ScottD »

Long socked away.......thats my point. Its like the kids with the batteries holding out on the kids with the hand held video games........cmon, Ill trade an IMA rear section, a 1911 kit, or whatever for a good front section, but IM NOT paying 300 bucks to some guy who just has these piled up and is waiting to move them when we need them most......

I tell ya, Ive got plenty of shil to sell. I rather sell it at a loss to a guy who will apprecieate it ,than sell overpriced to a yuppy goon who doesnt understand..............
oakrodent
Oberst
Oberst

Post by oakrodent »

What are you willing to trade for a nice front section?? I have a few of them
Spell check is down and I'm too lazy to get the dictionary
ScottD
Major
Major

Post by ScottD »

PM sent to above. :D
Bil
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by Bil »

I don't know how TNW does it,but if you get a receiver from them,you have to have your own mounting stud.Maybe they used up a bunch on their complete receivers and guns. ---bil
"I dream of a world where I can buy alcohol,tobacco and firearms from the same drive-up window,and use them all on the way home from work!" Dogbert
geladen

Post by geladen »

i dont know scottd, i dont think this is going to get any better. with the big "ban" rumors floating around i think if i had extra front pieces i would find the money to make guns out of them. i would hope the current administration has much bigger things to tackle than a useless gun ban. my fear is that there is some white house flunky that doesnt have anything better to do than write one.
www.Prussia.us
General
General

Post by www.Prussia.us »

Scott, I would consider contacting Marstar. Yes it is a PIA, yes you may have to fill out an import form (I think a form 6???), they will demill it, the '34 receiver. So e-mail John at Marstar, instead of getting the whole receiver de-milled just get the front and the end, you can always use an extra set of buffer threads, pay the $370 canadian or better yet buy/import two, sell the second on Gb and recoup your cost :D

Collectors are getting it from both ends sellers and the politicians. The sellers (at least those that are honest enough to level with you) love the hype because their profits are way up, and to some degree the fear is legit. Who has not seen a newspaper blaming the US "Assault Weapons" for the violence in Mexico?

Luckily the administration had to calm down after a letter with 64 House democrats was sent to the White House explaining that they will not support any new AWB legislation. Not all dems hate guns and not all Repubs love them, so calling the offices makes a difference.
“… corporations have been enthroned, and an era of corruption in high places will follow, … until all wealth is aggregated in a few hands and the Republic is destroyed.”

- Abraham Lincoln (Republican), Nov. 21, 1864
ScottD
Major
Major

Post by ScottD »

Ive tried contacting Marstar a few times on other small issues, they didnt even return my email. I was just hoping somebody here would kind of give me the 'forum hookup' and be willing to trade or let it go for an honest price. IM currently negotiating a possible trade, but if anybody is interested Ive got...

A mint Romy G kit, all matching, up for trade, for a MG34 front section.

Somebody hook a man up here!
smokinggun

Post by smokinggun »

I have a front 34 section that i will trade for other sections of the receiver. If anyone has any spare sections that they want to trade, let me know.
ScottD
Major
Major

Post by ScottD »

I found a front section, Ill be keeping my Romy kit. :)