TNW MG 34

Anything MG34 related.
1SS-Soldat

TNW MG 34

Post by 1SS-Soldat »

WELL IT APEARS BRP WONT HAVE ANY MG 42S READY FOR MONTHS SO FOR NOW IM GOING TO GET A MG34 from TNW. i asked them about the trigger pull they said it breaks in after 1000 rounds. but im guessing it still wont shoot fast then. i saw some posts on lightening the trigger pull but it didnt say what they got it down too.
25 lb pull is horrible for a gun thats supposed to be a fast firing semi auto. before i pay i will ask them to try to work on the trigger ill tell you all how it goes. do any of you think dry firing can help break it in without screing anything up?
slowfinger

Post by slowfinger »

1ss-soldat, Saw your post...I own a TNW MG34 and love it! I have 400 rounds through it and 500 "dryfires" and yes the trigger pull is improving quite a bit! I'ts acualy more fun now at the range. The only thing I have to do yet, is find the perfect bolt barrel marriage so it will run smoother. But no biggie as I have plenty of barrels to try. Good luck and get one of them while you can!....Slowfinger :)
1SS-Soldat

Post by 1SS-Soldat »

thanks slowfinger thats really good to know. i feel alot better about spending about 4 gs on a weapon that i know is fun.
TOM R
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
Anti-spam: Mg42

Post by TOM R »

you do know there is one in the 4 sale section here for 3k :D
Great men are born in fire, it is the privilege of lessor men to light the flame, no matter the cost

FOR M60 GOTO http://WWW.M60MG.COM
nra lifer
mvpa 31698
46 cj2a
54 m37
56 CJ3B U.S. Navy
t24/m29 weasel
Pirate
General
General

Post by Pirate »

slowfinger wrote:1ss-soldat, Saw your post...I own a TNW MG34 and love it! I have 400 rounds through it and 500 "dryfires" and yes the trigger pull is improving quite a bit! I'ts acualy more fun now at the range. The only thing I have to do yet, is find the perfect bolt barrel marriage so it will run smoother. But no biggie as I have plenty of barrels to try. Good luck and get one of them while you can!....Slowfinger :)
I have bben considering one of these for a while, can you elaborate on the bbl bolt combo you reffer to? don't they come with a tested setup?
gunslingerdoc
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Post by gunslingerdoc »

Not anymore Tom - Its sold :D . Hopefully I'll have her in a week!
Smooth is Fast
Karbinator

Post by Karbinator »

gunslingerdoc wrote:Not anymore Tom - Its sold :D . Hopefully I'll have her in a week!
Doc,
When your done cutting the woods down on the back forty with that thing; be hure and Give us a review, ok?
gunslingerdoc
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Post by gunslingerdoc »

Funny you should mention tree cutting... Over lunch my partner in crime and I were discussing how we'd go about setting up a crank for the 34 and impending 42's. This of course led us trying to decide who's wife/GF will be least pissed about having 15-20K of 8mm delivered. I removed myself from consideration as we have 10K of 308 and 10K of 5.56 arriving at my house this week. She really gets pissed when UPS blocks the door with ammo and she cant get in the house - :shock:

Now I need to get off my butt and order some belts from Robert.
Smooth is Fast
Abwehr

MG34/42 Crankfire

Post by Abwehr »

gunslingerdoc,

You know, I have thought about this for a long time and have procrastinated about doing anything. So here is my suggestion, have someone else design, fabricate, and sell them to us!!!!!

Seriously, I wonder how many would be purchased. On the 1919A4 Forum, a gentleman by the handle of "ohioblacksheep" has a low profile crank for the 1919A4 that may work with some modifications to fit the MG34/42. If we had enough folks to commit to a Crank Unit that would probably sell in the $200-250 range, he might just design one for us. Give me some feed back on who would buy one in this price range and I will contact Lou to see if he is interested. If he has "X" number that are for all intent SOLD, he may do this for us. I would not mind a deposit for one if needed.

If interested, post here how many you would buy so I can get a count.

OK, I am in for One (1)
gunslingerdoc
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Post by gunslingerdoc »

Lou was just the guy I had in mind - he makes a great crank (cut my frst tree down with one!) and we've worked on some stuff together in the past. Currently we're playing with linkers and belt loaders. I will tell you that Lou is VERY busy with the 1919 stuff.

His crank could be easily adapted, but remember Lou is a prefectionist and likes to stare at a project for a month or so and then get to tinkering. He doesnt have a SA mg34 or 42. So we'd have to send him at least a grip frame.

The issue then becomes do you make a housing that encloses the whole trigger or do you mount it to the front of the trigger so you could still use the trigger with your finger? If you go the later route one would have to drill a hole in the front of the trigger guard. You really cant mount it under the trigger guard because then the front of the grip will be 'occupied' by the crank and you cant hold onto the gun.

The simplest way is a hole in the front of the trigger guard, a new set of attaching hardware and a longer ram for the cam to actuate. Lou wouldnt have to change his housing or his cam set up.
Smooth is Fast
MauserMatt
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Post by MauserMatt »

I'd be interested in a crank for the MG42... But I need to get the thing built first too.... :)

Wouldn't want to have to drill through the trigger guard though...
~Matt