More semi building questions please......

Anything MG34 related.
ScottD
Major
Major

More semi building questions please......

Post by ScottD »

1) Ive looked around a bit but cant seem to find anybody doing welding services on the 34 receivers. Does anybody here offer these services, and if so, does it need to ship back to an FFL (can welder just leave it in 80% state?)

2) I looked at the bolt/trigger mods. Again, Im just looking into this project, so maybe I havnt gotten this far yet in the threads........what needs to be done to the trigger/frame to modify for SA? I saw Pirates post about taking off the lip& peening, but I didnt see anything on a striker system (ie FAL or M16 FCG like the 42) . I probably just missed it?
My soultion for everything "Get a bigger hammer or larger caliber!"
www.Prussia.us
General
General

Re: More semi building questions please......

Post by www.Prussia.us »

ScottD,

IMHO wait a couple of months for Pirate to get his operation going which will include welding '34s, waiting two months is well worth it to have a gun that you will have the rest of your life, and to have it down right.
“… corporations have been enthroned, and an era of corruption in high places will follow, … until all wealth is aggregated in a few hands and the Republic is destroyed.”

- Abraham Lincoln (Republican), Nov. 21, 1864
Pirate
General
General

Post by Pirate »

Scott, we will be sending in our application for an 07 license in a week or so. and will be offering a full range of reweld and build services. here is a video of my rewelded 34 semi

http://projectguns.com/JCmg34video.html
Bil
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by Bil »

Also check out the tutorials on his site and here.The trigger mods and bolt mods aren't as radical as with the 42.The 34 was capable of both SA and FA,the 42 just FA.Basically for the 34 you are eliminating the FA option,and making sure it can't be restored.The 42 requires an entire new operating setup to make it do something it never could i.e fire in SA. ---bil
"I dream of a world where I can buy alcohol,tobacco and firearms from the same drive-up window,and use them all on the way home from work!" Dogbert
flemgunner
Brigadegeneral
Brigadegeneral

Post by flemgunner »

Dude I know I just got a jig from ya, but Im planning on sending mine to ya when you open up!
Have you decided on what you would need to do it, ie receiver parts that but up, or can a 3 cut be used etc etc. Actually now that I think of it I have a ton of questions I think Ill just sit on my hands and wait......waiting..........waiting........
Pirate
General
General

Post by Pirate »

If you bought a jig, we will take back unused ones for partial payment on a gun build. the best receivers are built from overlapping sections. I will be looking into making filler sections like I have dome on the bren build in progress now.
www.Prussia.us
General
General

Post by www.Prussia.us »

If you can do Mg 34 "filler sections" that's the stuff Pirate :D the days of the average guy having a box full of receiver pieces has come and gone. Except for those that were smart enough and able to pick them up when they were plentiful.
“… corporations have been enthroned, and an era of corruption in high places will follow, … until all wealth is aggregated in a few hands and the Republic is destroyed.”

- Abraham Lincoln (Republican), Nov. 21, 1864
ScottD
Major
Major

Post by ScottD »

So Pirate, when you get up and running and I send you my 3 cut receiver, once it is welded will it need to go back via FFL or will you have some way to ship it back that its a 'dummy receiver' or '80%'?.....Again, this is assuming I get the 34 kit...ooof, thats alot of money.
My soultion for everything "Get a bigger hammer or larger caliber!"
Pirate
General
General

Post by Pirate »

we will be building 100% , registered guns, no dummies, no 80%