Yugo ammo

Anything MG34 related.
rats25
Hauptgefreiter
Hauptgefreiter

Yugo ammo

Post by rats25 »

Hi:
I am new to the MG34 world. Has there been any problems with running the 1950s Yugo surplus ammo?
Thank you.
tomcatshaas
General
General

Re: Yugo ammo

Post by tomcatshaas »

rats25 wrote:Hi:
I am new to the MG34 world. Has there been any problems with running the 1950s Yugo surplus ammo?
Thank you.
Welcome Rats! Pull up an old ammo crate and sit awhile.

http://www.panzer46.net/mg42board/viewtopic.php?t=4455

Please do a search for ammo...8mm ammo, ect. Many questions have been discussed at great lengths already.

personally I would stick with Romanian. I have heard of zero problems with it. Just seems to be more consistant. J and G sales has it as well as others.

I have heard mostly of problems with 50' yugo. 54' yugo having DEEP primers, hard primers. Not being consistant and so on. Most seem to run 70' yugo ok. I guess it just depends on what you are running it in and how tight or loose your chamber is. But I am just staying away from all yugo until the Romanin supply is gone.

Also, I have started checking every round visually and in a case headspace gage on all my surplus....even Lake City 7.62. I have found some that just fall into my case go/no go gage...but that was lake city stuff. not romanian 8mm. Just saying you should give all surplus a quick look.

TC

http://www.panzer46.net/mg42board/viewt ... light=ammo
rats25
Hauptgefreiter
Hauptgefreiter

Post by rats25 »

Thank you for the info.
I have been looking for Romanian 8mm but everyone seems to be out. Will take your advice and search the old postings.
tomcatshaas
General
General

Post by tomcatshaas »

rats25 wrote:Thank you for the info.
I have been looking for Romanian 8mm but everyone seems to be out. Will take your advice and search the old postings.
everyone is out :shock: maybe that is why Aim has not shipped my order.

TC