Optics prices?

Anything MG34 related.
ChrisPCook
Oberst
Oberst

Optics prices?

Post by ChrisPCook »

I know this has been covered before, but I want to get a "current" range of opinions....I just bought my first optics and am very happy with them, and have a periscope on the way. Now, I have been offered more optics from different sources....here are the prices...
1) Optic w/ can MGZ34, with both filters and celluloid brush, and nice MGZ40 can. 1800$
2) Periscope, Dunkelgelb, but with spots of surface rust throughout- 400$
3) Nice battery box, w/ an excellent cable, and batteries- 450$

Any opinions on these prices, they all seem on the high end to me, but it seems like that is the price to pay in this hobby. Chris....
If I decide to pass and anyone is interested PM me and I'll give you the sellers contact info.
DARIVS ARCHITECTVS
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
Anti-spam: Mg42

Post by DARIVS ARCHITECTVS »

I'd buy it. The price is about right. If it is high, it's high by only a small percentage, and you could keep it for a year and make up for whatever you overpay. The trick these days is just FINDING these items.

Anyone else have opinions? It all depends on what's available near you.
DARIVS ARCHITECTVS
Knight's Armoury
Bil
Field Marshal
Field Marshal

Post by Bil »

I think he should pass on all of it,and send me the name off that crooked seller!! :D Actually,I would have to agree with DA,It seems the optics and other 'extras' are getting harder to find,and with the renewed interest in these guns,they are bound to go up. ---bil
Ed S
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Post by Ed S »

The mgz sight, can and filters seems okay as does the periscope (if the paint is original). However, $450 for a battery box and cable seems a little beefy to me.
ChrisPCook
Oberst
Oberst

Optics

Post by ChrisPCook »

Here's a couple pix....

CRA

Post by CRA »

Not to long ago I passed on two mgz40 set with carry can and strap. The sets costed 13 hundred and I am kinda sore I didnt pick em up. I passed on hopes that I would get a set in ordnance tan. Later I kinda noticed lafettes done in the normal early war gray paint also look very cool :-P
Attachments
IMG_1131.JPG
IMG_1131.JPG (124.34 KiB) Viewed 1378 times
IMG_1132.JPG
IMG_1132.JPG (159.54 KiB) Viewed 1378 times
IMG_1134.JPG
IMG_1134.JPG (89.33 KiB) Viewed 1378 times
ChrisPCook
Oberst
Oberst

Optics

Post by ChrisPCook »

So, do you guys think that is an acceptable amount of rust/wear on the periscope for 400$? Chris....
biochembri
Unteroffizieranwärter
Unteroffizieranwärter

Recent Purchase of an mg z34 with carrying case

Post by biochembri »

I just recently purchased an mg z34 optic set with carrying case. The carrying case did not have the brush, cloth or filters. I paid $1600.00 plus $80.00 for shipping. The optics are likely early war as the paint finish is a light green color. The carrying case is a dark green color. I would like to find a set of filters.

Brian
tomcatshaas
General
General

Re: Recent Purchase of an mg z34 with carrying case

Post by tomcatshaas »

biochembri wrote:I just recently purchased an mg z34 optic set with carrying case. The carrying case did not have the brush, cloth or filters. I paid $1600.00 plus $80.00 for shipping. The optics are likely early war as the paint finish is a light green color. The carrying case is a dark green color. I would like to find a set of filters.

Brian
I paid around the same for a similar set in excellent condition. Orig. paint

TC
bergflak
Stabshauptmann
Stabshauptmann

Post by bergflak »

CRA wrote:Not to long ago I passed on two mgz40 set with carry can and strap. The sets costed 13 hundred and I am kinda sore I didnt pick em up. I passed on hopes that I would get a set in ordnance tan. Later I kinda noticed lafettes done in the normal early war gray paint also look very cool :-P
That one was sold through the WHA from a seller in Norway. I am pissed that I lost the opportunity myself, as that was rather inexpensive for a set like that. The sling alone is worth $ 400,-
Mit freundlichen Grüße

Bergflak
www.bergflak.com