A movie I'd like to see but can't find for under $40???

Looking for something? Ask here.
Abwehr

Cross of Iron

Post by Abwehr »

Yea, the MG42 scenes are great, but you can tell the sound has been dubbed in as it is not firing as fast as the MG42 should have been, but still the movie is really good! If you don't have this movie, you need to get it.

My DVDs of Stalingrad and Road to Stalingrad was supposed to have shipped on the 20th. I was hoping it would arrive yesterday but they didn't. I am leaving early tomorrow morning and will not be home until Friday. At least when I get back, I will have 2 great movies to watch over the weekend.
smoggle

Post by smoggle »

Got mine last week. Came from two different places. The movie was good. Shows the Germans in a different light. I started watching the documentary and got called to the dinner table. More of a movie for research.
Abwehr

DVDs

Post by Abwehr »

smoogle,

We ordered at the same time and I thought I should have mine already. If they do not arrive today, I will have to contact them tomorrow. I told my wife to be on the lookout in todays mail.
smoggle

Post by smoggle »

They came in a flat brownpackage about 12 inches square. Looks licke they are put together with contact cement around edges. I got a tracking number from them. Good luck.
Abwehr

DVDs

Post by Abwehr »

smoogle,

Yea, I got a tracking number for USPS and just checked it. It said the electronic notice was given to the USPS for pickup and thats it. The 10 day is up today. If I don't have them at the house this evening when I call home, I will contact overstock.com tomorrow to find out what is going on.
smoggle

Post by smoggle »

Wow, the movie came from Florida and the documentary came from California. I would have figured the movie should have been to you in 2 days, 3 tops.
Abwehr

Movie

Post by Abwehr »

smoogle,

Well, after my first call to overstock.com. they saud I had to wait until this past Friday befoe they can trace the movies. Called yesterday and was told they would start a trace and not to call for another 10 days! If they cannot find them, they would ship again. This is an absolute bummer! This will probably be my last purchase from them since their customer service sucks. I will be a little patient until the next 10 days are over and IF they ship them out and I get them all will be well. IF I don't get the second shipment in a reasonable ship time, I will call my CC company have the charge reversed. I know things can get lost in the mail, but having to wait for their SLOW shipping method sucks. I pay for Priority Mail and get nothing.

Do you know of anyone else that may have these two DVDs (Stalingrad and Road to Stalingrad )? I will order from someone else and cancel the order with Overstock!

Edit - I found the two DVDs on Amazon.com and ordered from them this morning; maybe these will arrive! I also received an e-mail from Overstock.com that I would have to wait another Six (6) days for them to start a trace for my order placed on Jan. 18th. They said a trace would take approx. 10 day, and then they would ship another order "shortly" thereafter. This would be receiving them at the end of Feb. at best. If I have a problem with them wanting to cancel the order, I have e-mail documentation to provide the CC company and I will contest the charge for non-receipt of the DVDs.

Glad to know you got your order! This will be the last I deal with Overstock.com
TOM R
Field Marshal
Field Marshal
Anti-spam: Mg42

Post by TOM R »

just saw stalingrad and a brige too far, both loooong , both in english ,, both dvd, both thanks to belat lead :D
Great men are born in fire, it is the privilege of lessor men to light the flame, no matter the cost

FOR M60 GOTO http://WWW.M60MG.COM
nra lifer
mvpa 31698
46 cj2a
54 m37
56 CJ3B U.S. Navy
t24/m29 weasel