WTB 42 Booster, 10mm

Looking for something? Ask here.
Waffentag
Oberleutnant
Oberleutnant
Anti-spam: Mg42

WTB 42 Booster, 10mm

Post by Waffentag »

I need a booster with a smaller size, 11.5 will not cycle 308, the west German one pulls cases apart, was thinking maybe try 10mm, does anyone know where I can find one?
JBaum
Administrator
Administrator

Re: WTB 42 Booster, 10mm

Post by JBaum »

According to the manual (H.Dv. 216/6), an 11 mm nozzle is to be used with .308.
John@German<remove this>Manuals.com

http://www.GermanManuals.com
Waffentag
Oberleutnant
Oberleutnant

Re: WTB 42 Booster, 11mm

Post by Waffentag »

Yes, thank you John, yes, thanks, I have your book and looked again, yes Nozzle, or Rückstoßudüse. Sorry I was reading the RTG page at the time and used their term.

So, my problem with ripped cases persist. I did some testing yesterday, no issues with 8mm Romanian with 11.5 Nozzle. 7.62 Lake City would not eject with the 11.5 nozzle. I tried the larger Bundeswehr Rückstoßverstäker with by the built in nozzle of the two that I have. Not sure of the size? With the larger, the bolt would come back, but not enough force to eject the spent case. The smaller BW one, functioned, but the brass showed signs of sepration. Funny, before with the new style bolt catch, the larger recoil booster was functioning and also ripping cases. The only thing that I changed was that I used the old style bolt catch. I need to find the nozzle size sweet spot, maybe 11mm will work? Does anyone know, where I can buy one, or a smaller one that I can drill out?

Thanks in advance,m

Thanks for the
Waffentag
Oberleutnant
Oberleutnant

Re: WTB 42 Booster, 10mm

Post by Waffentag »

Just ordered an 11mm from Numrich, Will see if this does the trick?