Someone to build my mg53

Looking for something? Ask here.
Qbrewer
Friendly New Guy
Friendly New Guy
Anti-spam: Mg42

Someone to build my mg53

Post by Qbrewer »

I have all of the semi parts including the full receiver and shroud. Please help me out! Just send a quote to quentinmarvin72@gmail.com.

Thank you,

Quentin
JBaum
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Someone to build my mg53

Post by JBaum »

A full receiver and shroud? What does that mean, you have 4 pieces and need them trimmed, aligned, welded together straight, assembled into a gun, blued, then made to run as a semi-auto?

I'm not trying to sound unsympathetic or negative in any way, just realistic.

I think it is very unlikely that you will find someone to build a semi MG42 for you. Besides requiring a manufacturer's FFL to build a gun for someone else, they are a real challenge, and can take a lot of time to get one to work properly. It's very rewarding when the builder gets his gun together and running right, but anyone with experience knows the difficulties involved, and won't put themselves through that much trouble for someone else, unless it would pay a LOT of money. Most people with the manufacturer's license build stuff that isn't this much work.

This isn't putting together a clone AR, or building stamped receiver AK. It's a serious bit of work in a lot of ways, and the weekend tinkerer who calls himself a gun builder can easily be in over his head.

If you don't think you're up to the task, sell your parts and buy a gun that's already together and running. You'll be a lot less frustrated that way. If it was easy, someone would make them already assembled and ready to go, for a lot less money than they sell for now. Wise Lite is at $5,196.47 for a finished gun. The builder's kit isn't really overpriced for $3,949.99.

It's likely something decent already built will be $4000 or more, or for less than that, it may not even have been refinished yet, and have welds showing and the rails held in with little bolts.

A few hundred hours or a few thousand dollars. You get to decide what you want to spend to get this toy. This is one I personally wouldn't try.
John@German<remove this>Manuals.com

http://www.GermanManuals.com
Qbrewer
Friendly New Guy
Friendly New Guy

Post by Qbrewer »

Thank you for the feedback. I will post pictures later as to what I've got. Agreed that this is a bit beyond me hence me looking for a builder. The receiver and Schroud are new from BRP and are all aligned and welded.
robertmcw
Obergefreiter
Obergefreiter

Post by robertmcw »

Here is why it SHOULD be hard to find someone to build your gun:

https://www.atf.gov/firearms/docs/rulin ... g/download

read it & draw your own conclusions.....

RM
JBaum
Administrator
Administrator

Post by JBaum »

I would have to wonder whether since the receiver has already been welded together, that it's already a firearm, whether it's has the small stuff done to it yet or not. If so, it may be that completing it may not be considered as manufacturing it, since it may be already "manufactured" (like building an AR from a 100% lower receiver. The only way to know for sure would be to contact ATF, since they're the ones who can charge you if this isn't the case. It isn't something that can be decided with any validity in an online forum.
John@German<remove this>Manuals.com

http://www.GermanManuals.com
robertmcw
Obergefreiter
Obergefreiter

Post by robertmcw »

Perhaps we need to know if BRP put a serial number on it or not?
flemgunner
Brigadegeneral
Brigadegeneral

Post by flemgunner »

If it was like the one I bought a while back there still was some operations that needed to be done. Charging handle slot and buffer slots internal to the receiver as I recall. May not be a "full" receiver but I dont recall
42rocker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by 42rocker »

One of the folks that I would recommend just posted....
One of the best

flemgunner ----- Have him build it. One of the best that I know of of the folks out there building them.

Later 42rocker
Tmiller
Unteroffizieranwärter
Unteroffizieranwärter

Post by Tmiller »

Quentin I am in the process of building a Wise Lite M53 generation 3. By the time I am done it would have been just less money to purchase the complete gun from Wise Lite. I will say this I have learned a lot about the M53 platform and it was something my 19 year old and me did together so time with the oldest son was priceless.
Tmiller
Unteroffizieranwärter
Unteroffizieranwärter

Post by Tmiller »

Was Wise Lite's home builders kit.
42rocker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by 42rocker »

Just went to the wise lite arms website the cost of a built "working" m53/42 is $5,200. +/- shipping did not look.

Wow.

Going to have to think about this one.

On topic. Again one of the builders I would talk to is flemgunner. As stated before. Also Brian at brp, but that would require buying new material again.

Also PLEASE folks reading this topic. There a lot of home builds on this site that were home built for a lot less money.

Later 42rocker
flemgunner
Brigadegeneral
Brigadegeneral

Post by flemgunner »

Thanx for the kind words man. I really appreciate them!
I would be remiss if I didnt say Im actually not taking builds on right now. Im only doing builds for where I work here at drivetanks.com. Just dont have the time for anything else
42rocker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by 42rocker »

Well flemgunner that just sucks for those folks that need your help man. Now Please go and take a Tank ride for me and Enjoy it.
New job rebuilding and riding in tanks all day long. And you really get paid for this or you have to pay them. LOL

There are a few other folks out there that I would trust, oakrodent is another one.

Later 42rocker
flemgunner
Brigadegeneral
Brigadegeneral

Post by flemgunner »

Yeah its rough but somehow I find the strength to get through the day lol
42rocker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by 42rocker »

Ok flemgunner please go take a ride on a Sherman for my Dad who used to be a Sherman tank driver then tank commander and then instructor during WW2. Enjoy it also.

Later 42rocker
flemgunner
Brigadegeneral
Brigadegeneral

Post by flemgunner »

Will do man